Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Saving DCR's inline from workflow
WillyRocks
Hi!
I have a workflow that uses uniquely-numbered filenames for the task-attached DCR's.
I'm looking to have a copy of that attached DCR saved under a fixed filename after the numbered DCR info is approved.
Is there a way to save DCR's inline from workflow, or would I have to make it an external task. If so, I've been having issues with 'iwcp' or 'cp' & 'iwsetattr' combo?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do you need the original DCR and the fixed-name DCR or just the fixed-name DCR?
If the latter - just rename it (mv, rename(), etc.) rather than bothering with iwcp.
You shouldn't need to change any EAs on the DCR - because the only EA on the DCR [other than custom ones] would be TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type=category/data-type -- and you're not changing the category or data-type - just the filename.
(generated files have a reference to the actual DCR name - but I'm assuming you're doing all this *before* page generation takes place)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
WillyRocks
Thanks for the expedient reply, Ghoti!
Actually I'm going for the first route; I need both the original and the fixed name DCR's.
Any advice?
Adam Stoller
You'd have to use an externaltask script to make the copy, and you'd either have to use iwcp or make a copy and use iwextattr to copy the extract the EA from the original and add it to the copy ... then, you'll probably (I'm assuming) want to attach the new copy to the task ($task->AddFile()).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
WillyRocks
Cool.. Thanks!