Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.1 Courseware
indian
I'm in the midst of developing 12 lessons on using TeamSite CCP 6.1. Is there any training publicly available (other than going to Interwoven) on TeamSite concepts? Since folks range in skill (beginner to expert), I have yet to locate any good training even on the previous releases.
Question: do any of you comrades have classroom training materials available?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Training is generally a marketable line-item / profit-making business - and thus you are unlikely to get training material for free.
There are various companies that have either developed their own version of TeamSite training or taking the Train-the-Trainer course offered by Interwoven.
Although I haven't been directly involved in it, I know that Quotient provides training for its customers when desired - but again, it's not free and thus the material used to perform the training isn't free either.
The only thing that's "free" is the product manuals (PDFs) and support site access that comes with the purchase of the software and the KB and forum posts here on DevNet - but I wouldn't suggest holding your breath waiting to find training material on here - some ideas about it perhaps, but not the actual material.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
indian
You're very much correct--I wasn't expecting a free lunch (or training materials) on this.
It's very frustrating not to have a set of curriculum to train users properly on this system. Online help is NOT training; it is reference tool.
I'm aware that it's not a perfect world; however, this is crazy.
Your statement--There are various companies that have either developed their own version of TeamSite training.--is somewhat dangerous because the materials were probably written by TS 6.1 SMEs. Whether the content is truly valid remains to be seen, though I give them my kudos for undertaking such an effort.