Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Loading Document Revisions
timw86
I have a set of documents on a file share that I need to import into WorkSiteMP. This set of documents has been governed closely by a business group. The set of docs contains the latest version plus all document revisions. The document and its revisions all sit in the same directory folders. The documents and its revisions are all unique single file documents. The document and its revisions are distinguishable by its file name. In the following example, there are two "working" documents "stuff" and "whatever". Each document has several revisions. The business group has been very detailed and consistent in its naming/revision pattern.
E.G.
stuff01.doc
stuff02.doc
stuff03.doc
stuff04.doc
whatever01.doc
whatever02.doc
whatever03.doc
whatever04.doc
Is there a way that I can import a document and specify its revisions through import as well. E.g. I would like to import whatever04.doc and stuff04.doc. I would then like to set whatever03.doc, whatever02.doc and whatever01.doc as revisions for the document whatever04.doc. Is this possible? What methods, technique, or approach should I use for this import?
Thanks
Tim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Have you tried and exhausted the options in bulk loader? If so, and assuming you have too many documents for manual operation, I suggest writing an app (eg with VB using the WOM) to recurse through folder, parsing filenames with mask for filename-revision-number and uploading then deleting each in turn to the abbreviated filename.
In meta-code:
while folder not empty
abbreviate filename prefix
import to workspace/folder with option 'import as new version'
delete original filename
next filename
Director of Technology and Strategic Solutions, Asia-Pacific
Email:
barney.dunne@interwoven.com