Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DRN not failing
wmh
We can not get DNR to fail when the script failes...
Right now our script is only:
print "<response code='-2'/>\n";
exit(1);
This is for OD 5.6.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Can you show us the section of the deployment configuration where you use this script ?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
wmh
edit - I think I see a problem..
Edited by wmh on 10/14/04 01:08 PM (server time).
wmh
Figures as I am typing this I see my error...
wmh
I got it to fail, but is there a way to pass the error comments back to OD?
Migrateduser
No, it's not possible to pass error comments back to OD.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Adam Stoller
I can't remember off-hand, but I think there was either another attribute or another XML snippet you could print out that would get captured by the in-memory log -- however it's not something that I think you could actually "catch" within OD.
Perhaps if you explain a bit more about what you're trying to accomplish someone will be able to provide some ideas for how you might be able to do so.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
wmh
The ultimate goal is to have the DNR go, then if there was a error, stop the WF process and send the error via email to the owner. I have a generic email going now, but I would like to include details since this script is decompressing and deploying an EAR file in websphere.
Adam Stoller
At this point I defer to Todd - I thought there was a way you could send some other XML snippet to STDOUT and get it included in the in-memory log data such that you could extract it later via another DNR script.
If not - perhaps you should open up a feature request.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
I believe OD 4.x had this ability, but it wasn't carried forward in more recent releases.
If someone is interested in the ability for a DNR script to populate the in-memory log with data that can be consumed by a subsequent DNR script, please let me know an I'll open one up and attach your company to it. Or contact Tech Support and they'll do the same plus attach your case to the request.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
show view window.JPG