Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Triggers (ModifyFSE)
rob1234
Has anyone successfully managed to create a ModifyFSE event?
I’ve added the following to iw.cfg as described on this forum..
log_createfse
log_destroyfse
log_renamefse
log_modifyfse
… however I don’t seem to be able to trigger the ModifyFSE event. The others work fine, creating a file, renaming and deleting it will trigger all the other events, but updating a file in place (ie saving over it original location through the y: drive) or uploading a modified file through launchpad. I presume these actions should trigger this event, but as this is an undocumented feature I’m a bit stuck.
Teamsite 5.5.2, win 2000
Any one had any luck with it?
Thanks,
Rob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Yea
I got it working, but ended up not using it any more.
What did you do ?
BTW, this is likely not the issue, but the ModifyFSE only works on the
1st modify. Thus if you edit and change a file, it should fire, the next time
it is modified (w/o) being submitted, it will not fire.
HTH
Andy
rob1234
Thanks Nipper,
This is probably working fine then. I was trying to trigger the event by uploading/editiing an existing file that has already been modified. I want to be able to keep a workarea correctly in sync but I guess I can't do that with out submitting the file straight after the first mod, but I didn't want to do that until the file had been approved.
I guess a multiple branch solution will be the way to go.
Thanks again,
Rob
nipper
Yea, unfortunately there is not much IW can do about that. SInce Unix writes in blocks, esp for larger files,
there are circumstances where a trigger could fire multiple times during a save process.
Andy
smenon
I believe that the ModifyFSE event is fired only on the first modification of the file. As soon as the file is marked as being modified (even if it were being written in chunks), the ModifyFSE is triggered on the first write.
On a related note : Even though this event gets triggered only on the first modification of an unmodified file, you should be aware that in cases where you are populating the workarea for the first time (potentially through the file-system), or where you run a script that might change file attributes and touch a large number of files in your workarea, you could end up generating a lot of event traffic.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
In the case of an Upload operation from LaunchPad, the existing
file is not actually modified. This might be why you don't see a
modify event.
When you do an Upload, the data is written (perhaps in several
chunks) to a temp file on the server. If that is successful, then the
temp file is renamed to the real file.
In this way, the Upload operation is atomic and the original
file is not crunched if the operation fails.
Regards,
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering