Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Not authorized to create files
Bowker
WIN 2K
TS 6.5
CSSDK 2.5
I"m having 'permissions' issues creating files through CSSDK. Below are the details - any idea how to fix this?
Below is a piece of code that is trying to create a file at the root level of the "development" workarea.
String filename = "test1.out";
CSVPath csVPath = new CSVPath("/default/main/content/WORKAREA/development");
CSAreaRelativePath newFile = new CSAreaRelativePath(filename);
CSWorkarea workarea = csClient.getWorkarea(csVPath,true);
CSSimpleFile csNewFile = workarea.createSimpleFile(newFile);
When the folder has the ACLs of: dom\ddb:F (dom\ddb is my domain id) I get a "not authorized" error.
When I set the folder (y:/default/main/content/WORKAREA/development) to "everyone:F" it works fine. Although that is a technical solution (set all folders to everyone:F) You will probably agree that doing that would be BAD.
Other things of note:
1) this is a Java Application that is running on Tomcat 5.5
2) the tomcat server is using my id to run under (altough for production this will NOT be the case)
3) The "CSClient" object was created using "get trusted client" with the id: dom\ddb (I double checked this)
4) I CAN create files through the standard TeamSite GUI.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi,
I have a bunch of questions. Which user created the workarea -"development"? is it the same as the user you are using to create files underneath it? The other question is if it is another user, is the workarea shared? Can you do the file creation operation using the UI, without doing the permission changes in the windows file system?
Best Regards,
Narendra
Bowker
I created everything. Everything has dom\ddb as the owner. The workarea is shared with a group that I'm also in. I can create files using the TS GUI without the modified ACLs.
This is a development environment running on a W2K machine sitting on my desk.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Migrateduser
Very strange! Can you please put up the stack trace of the exception you are getting?
Best Regards,
Narendra
Bowker
com.interwoven.cssdk.access.CSAuthorizationException: /contentManagement/main/content/WORKAREA/development/.(Permission denied)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.filesys.jni.CSFileJNIServer.createFile(Native Method)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.filesys.jni.FileServiceAdapterImpl.createFile(FileServiceAdapterImpl.java:154)
at com.interwoven.cssdk.filesys.impl.CSWorkareaImpl.createSimpleFile(CSWorkareaImpl.java:300)
at addFile.openNewFileTest(addFile.java:291)
at addFile.doGet(addFile.java:38)
at addFile.doPost(addFile.java:85)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:825)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:731)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:526)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Michael
Hi
In your posted code you have
CSVPath csVPath = new CSVPath("/
default
/main/content/WORKAREA/development");
but in your error output you have
com.interwoven.cssdk.access.CSAuthorizationException: /
contentManagement
/main/content/WORKAREA/development/.(Permission denied)
Any ideas why your store name is different? Any chance this is related to your problem?
Cheers
Michael
Bowker
Yea - I know. I was trying not to confuse the issue with a different backing store- when I did the copy/paste later I missed that I had changed it in my original post.
Thanks.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Bowker
I have opened a case for this.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology