Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Move file from data to a subdir and retain history
cliffhanger
Hi,
We have a requirement where we need to move files from Data to its subfolders; the users also want to retain the file history. I tried doing a "Copy"/"Move" from the UI, but none of them keep track of the file history. I tried using "iwcp" and also tried saving the DCR with IWDCRInfo.setDCRName(/SUBFOLDER1/SUBFOLDER2/FILENAME) from the Javascript, none of them were of any help.
Has anybody tried doing this before? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
-cliffhanger
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Unfortunately as far as teamsite is concerned, you are creating a new file, so there is no history associated (file system versioning vs db).
I'm pretty sure that the comments for the next submit include where this file was copied from (just like a revert adds comments).
So you may be able to use that information to build some sort history chain.
John Cuiuli
cliffhanger
Hi John,
Thanks for your response, yet it does include the comment where it was "moved" from.
When I do a Copy with the UI, it doesn't give any comment, nor does it show any file-copy indication when I use "iwcp" from the command line.
Any suggestion?
-Cliffhanger
cliffhanger
Hi,
I just tried "iwrename" that seems to work. It keeps the submission history of the file at the previous location.
Thanks for guiding me to the right direction John
-cliffhanger
Adam Stoller
Have you tried using
iwrename
?
iwrename
source-vpath
target-vpath
I just tried this out on one of our files, where I moved the file into a subdirectory and it seemed to work (lines truncated for posting):
~ >
iwrlog -m implement2.pdf
/PDFDocs/test/implement2.pdf /main/ED/en/OTHER/1 [...]
/PDFDocs/implement2.pdf /main/ED/en/OTHER/2 [...]
/PDFDocs/implement2.pdf /main/ED/en/OTHER/1 [...]
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com