Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Sync Data Deploy with Open deploy
Maninder_IBM
I have a question. Let me describe the scenario first.
We are creating XML file at the same time when TeamSite content is being generated (asps) (XML files used for another purpose). I have created a stand alone deployment which sends data (metadata) from the generated XML files to a database as a single row.
What I want to be able to do is to when these XML files are generated trigger a script to update the DB. Am I right in saying I can only synchronise Data deploy with open deploy if I am deploying EAs or metadata from DCRs only and not XML files as I use?
Anyone got any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You can use DD to deploy any XML into a database, not just EAs and DCRs. So you should be able to use the OD-DD sync solution.
Note: The OD-DD sync solution for version 5.x requires use of DNRs for OD to call DD at the appropriate time(s) during the deployment. In OD 6.0, a new <dbLoader> element has been added to eliminate the DNR requirement.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Maninder_IBM
Thanks,
Currently I am having problems getting the file list deploy working. I have DataDeploy 5.6 SP1 but when I pass a file list (as stated in the release notes) it doesn't work. Although it says datadeply DONE the table is created but no data is tranferred from the XML file to the database. Any ideas?
Here is the XML source from config file
<source>
<xml-formatted-data options="wide" filelist="C:/Temp/ManinderFileList.txt" xml-type="custom"/>
</source>
Migrateduser
xml-formatted-data is for deploying a DD generated dump file. You should be using xml-source.
Take a look at the section Introductory Concepts in the DD 5.6 Admin Guide. It walks through a basic example.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Maninder_IBM
I thought so. But what if I want to deploy from a file list what do I need to do? I have it working when I use a Source with a directory of XML files but I want to send just some of those selected in a file list. Surely this can be done. File list are used for open deploy? I want to use the same file list (or similar) to deploy to my DB.
Migrateduser
The filelist attribute of the <path> element doesn't do it?
Perhaps Tech Support can help you configure the deployment for your specific use case.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Maninder_IBM
With the above although the message says deploy worked and finished the cfg file builds the table in the DB but doesn't populate it with the data from the XML files. The same XML files are used when I do directory deploy. This is when the config file uses a directory in the area element of the xml-source.
Migrateduser
I suggest working with Tech Support to help you sort it out.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Maninder_IBM
I have a call open with them thanks.