Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Group task
Bhargav Coca
I am using version 6.1 on win 200o machine. I am executing a group workflow which does an auto deployment, and is started when i save my DCT. I get all my e-mail notifications and every thing is runing fine, Untill a point where i had to test it by myself. I am a person in the group and i am also the secondary approver. With this situation i have saved a dct and initiated my workflow, as a secondary approver, i have sent back an e-mail saying that "needs reviewing" so i have modified it as an author, and submitted it again. Then as a secondary approver, approved it. But the problem is this work flow does not terminate. One thing i am sure is that i have to wait for the approvals from the other members in the group, only then i guess workflow will terminate. Am i right??? Pleasee suggest me some thing here. i am way too confused.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It really depends on what your wft looks like. Post your wft as an attachment and I or someone else can tell you what's going on. It's impossible for anyone here to tell you how your workflow is
supposed
to work without so much as the source code to the workflow, itself.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
Bhargav Coca
I don't have workflow with me, i am testing it. I was told to check a group work flow. I was to be a scondary approver and add my group there. So i just want to make sure that if as an editor and an author and a secondary approver, is there any way that i can terminate my workflow. I am sure that two conditions are possible in here
1) THE GROUP TASK HAS AN "AND" FUNCTION DEFINED, in which case, i can't approve it untill all members in the group have approved it? am i right?
2) Group task containing "OR" function in it, in which case i can approve both as a member in a group and also as a secondary approver? Am i right?
Please let me know if i am on the right track
Thank You
example.rptdesign
Migrateduser
I'm not sure what a group workflow is but you also use the term "group task," which is a known and loved term around this board.
I believe what you're trying to do is a concurrent workflow, which is when you need multiple reviewers' concurrent approval before a job can proceed. In this case, you'll need to spawn multiple successors from the previous task.
The WF documentation actually covers this.
Let me know if I'm off-base.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
Bhargav Coca
I figured out, the workflow was not a concurrent task work flow, it s a workflow in which i can take the task ownership and then pass it on to secondary approver, well it wirks fine now.
thank you dave