Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Managing groups
agoldschmidt
I have an author submit workflow (copied from solutions/author_submit_with_email.wft). When the author submits their content, they are prompted for a launch date. No problem. After that, the content goes for approval by a group. Two questions about that:
1) How can I send email to everyone in the group? The group is defined by an OS group.
2) How can I prompt the person in the group who eventually takes ownership of the task for more information? For example, the reviewer must specify whether or not the content needs legal review.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
If you are using solutions workflow and the solutions email map file there is a tag <group name="replace_w_group" fullname="replace_w_name" email="replace_w_email"/>
Try that.
For the second question, depends on how your transitions are defined. You can possibly have two transitions from your grouptask - one goes through legal review and the other goes to the next task bypassing legal review task. The owner of the grouptask will simply choose the next transition.
Alternatively, if you really need to **capture** information from user, you can have a cgitask. However it seems the former approach will suffice for what you need.
Migrateduser
If you are using solutions workflow and the solutions email map file there is a tag <group name="replace_w_group" fullname="replace_w_name" email="replace_w_email"/>
I assume this works as long as you've set up an email alias that sends email to multiple people. In other words, you can't just put the name of a Solaris group in there and it will figure out the members and find their email addresses individually in the email_map and do the right thing. That would be useful.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
iwovGraduate
Correct.
Sorry, forgot to mention about the alias.
agoldschmidt
I really do need the reviewer to be able to control the process (i.e., choose the approval steps up-front). Could I insert a CGI task after the reviewer aproves the content? What would it look like for them?
Migrateduser
If the reviewer only needs to choose different review paths to go down, you could control that with successor options in your grouptask. But if you need the reviewer to actually input data, then you'll have to get more creative.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
agoldschmidt
I can use a CGI task after the review task to capture their information. One question - how can I retrieve the name of the user who took ownership of the group approval task? I need to set the owner of the subsequent CGI task to that person.
mgal
You could use the command line tool iwsettaskownerandarea.exe to change the owner of the cgitask the KB article(2132) shows how to do it.
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=2132
But if you want the cgitask to pop up immediately once the grouptask is transitioned then you might want to use iwat trigger to execute a external script which will change the owner of the cgitask. Once a user takes the ownership of the grouptask it creates a grouptasktaken (or a similar name) event. You could verify this by looking at the iwevents log. You can create a iwat trigger at this particualar event and then change the owner of the cgi task at that moment.
Hope this helps.
agoldschmidt
This sounds like exactly what I want to do. Does anyone have any code snippets to do this (iwat and iwsettaskownerandarea)?
mgal
Please see the attached script which might help
agoldschmidt
That's perfect. Thanks a lot.