Okay - this is kind of show-as-I-go kind of deal - hoping that if I incorrectly translate the migration documentation, someone here will help point me in the right direction ... and if I get it right... well in either case others will hopefully be able to use this thread to assist them in similar efforts.
To start off with, my original DD5.6 command line looked something like this [split into multiple lines for posting]:
iwdd.ipl cfg=ddhome/conf/ddclient.cfg deployment=deployment-name
need-result=yes dbURL=our_db_url user=our_db_userid
password=our_db_password strArea=/default/main/.../STAGING
strContentFileList=/tmp/fXG6iYWN8X > ddhome/log/userid.log
Step 1. instead of calling
iwdd.ipl I need to call
iwodcmd start - right?Step 2. I move the
ddclient.cfg from
ddhome/conf to
odhome/conf - right?Step 3. Instead of
deployment=deployment-name it's now
-k iwdd=deployment-name - right?If I've done okay so far - we're now upto something that looks like this:
iwodcmd start ddclient.cfg -k iwdd=deployment-name
need-result=yes dbURL=our_db_url user=our_db_userid
password=our_db_password strArea=/default/main/.../STAGING
strContentFileList=/tmp/fXG6iYWN8X > ddhome/log/userid.logI'm a bit concerned about the deployment configuration name above:
- Can I truly reference my ddclient.cfg file like that now that it's sitting in odhome/conf?
- Or do I have to change it to ddclient.xml?
Step 4. Change all the command-line substitution variables to OD-style substitutions (-k)
- right?Step 5. Remove the redirection for the logfile because that's now automatically written out to
odhome/log/ddmoudle.log - right?Assuming that I'm still going along okay, we've now got something like this:
iwodcmd start ddclient.cfg -k iwdd=deployment-name
need-result=yes -k dbURL=our_db_url -k user=our_db_userid
-k password=our_db_password -k strArea=/default/main/.../STAGING
-k strContentFileList=/tmp/fXG6iYWN8XOkay now there's still one command-line parameter that I'm not sure about,
need-result.
- Is this now a defacto-setting or do I still need to somehow plug this parameter into the command line?
I'm going to try to get all of this stuff setup as per the above and see what happens ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com