Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
.Net Development in Mediabin
bclubb
We are running version 4 of the mediabin server and I am trying to change some tools that were written for 3.x. They used the mbpnetmodel.dll managed code to interact with our mediabin server. Do I now need to change all of this to use the webservice or is the managed library still available for the current versions of the software. I don't see it when I go to our downloads under sdk, just the webservices which doesn't contain the tool I used.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BrianMeek
Hey there,
The MediaBin client Script Model that you've coded to still exists, although some changes have been introduced to deal with underlying changes to the way MediaBin now handles metadata (now much more efficiently than before). I suspect that the SDK (now packaged as an option) hasn't been made visible to you yet. You should be able to see the bits and docs on support.interwoven.com under Downloads: "MediaBin SDKs". Please drop me a note (bmeek@interwoven.com) and we'll work out your access to these bits with your Account Executive.
Generally, the MediaBin Client Model API is now easier to use - but I'm afraid some code changes will be necessary for you.
Thanks,
-- brian
msnider
The MBPNetModel.dll is the managed assembly of the MediaBin WebService. It exposes both a Web Service interface and a C# interface. You should be able to get the latest version using the MediaBin WebService installer. Please consult the API guide to help in porting your code from 3.0 to 4.0 as some methods have changed and new functionality has been added.
Mark
bclubb
That's what I had thought. I can't seem to find the Mediabin WebService Installer in our download directory under support. Is it supposed to be under sdk or another section?
Migrateduser
As far as I know, the MediaBin SDK is a zip file. It's accessible on DevNet at the location below.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/051543
You can find it on the support site by entering the article id (51543) into the search window.
hth,
lissa
bclubb
I may just not understand exactly what I'm supposed to do. We have mediabin 4.0 installed right now. I don't rememeber installing a webservice when we upgraded from 3 to 4. I know I had to do that with 3, but I cannot find anything that installs a webservice in the WebService SDK. Am I supposed to do something with the wsdl file? The readme just says that it's there. Also I only see the webservicessdk for 4.5, is there a different download for 4.0 that I will need to install the webservice so that I can interact with the server.
msnider
The SDK contains sample code and java wrappers for the MediaBin WebService, but does not include the installer for the WebService. The installer is a standalone and should be available from the ESD System Downloads Center in the MediaBin Asset Server section.
Mark
bclubb
Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for, I thought the installer would be included with sdk. My mistake.