Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
branch filtering for templates ?
nipper
Moved a large site to 6.1. Now when one does a new form, they get 180 different choices, when only 6 are possible in their WA. So I guess I have to use branch filtering in templating.cfg
So I am trying to figure an easy way to do this. Do not know if there is one. Has anyone tried to at least generate a list of these ? I have a script
that I am working to search STAGING for templatedata and list the categories.
But ugly and slow.
Any ideas ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You could always turn on the old-style pruning function. They say it's a performance hit - but I think that's debateable.
To do this - you change the beginning of the templating.cfg to look like this:
<templating
prune-missing-files="t"
>
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
Ghoti
I really would like to know how you store all of this TeamSite trivia in your mind. Very easy solution,
I will bench it & then see.
Or did you read the DTD ?
Thanks, I now owe you a lot of dead raw fish sometime.
BTW, I used this to print out a list of branches and categories:
find /iwmnt/default/main/ -name WORKAREA -prune -o -name EDITION -prune -o -name "templatedata" -print -exec ls {} \;
it prints out the branch and then the categories. Obviously for Unix.
nipper
not working
get this:
Root cause:
com.interwoven.cssdk.filesys.impl.CSHoleImpl
Details...
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.interwoven.cssdk.filesys.impl.CSHoleImpl
at com.interwoven.ui.formspub.utils.TemplateManagerImpl$FileSystemFilter.filterTypes(TemplateManagerImpl.java:895)
at com.interwoven.ui.formspub.utils.TemplateManagerImpl.getTypes(TemplateManagerImpl.java:212)
at com.interwoven.ui.formspub.CatTypeListCommand.getDataTypeNodes(CatTypeListCommand.java:165)
at com.interwoven.ui.formspub.CatTypeListCommand.getCategoryNodes(CatTypeListCommand.java:153)
at com.interwoven.ui.formspub.CatTypeListCommand.execute(CatTypeListCommand.java:124)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.doExecuteCommand(CommandHandler.java:875)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.tryRunCommandDescriptor(CommandHandler.java:721)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.tryRunCommandID(CommandHandler.java:604)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.runCommand(CommandHandler.java:437)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandCallbackContextImpl.callback(CommandCallbackContextImpl.java:45)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.wizard.WizardCommand.execute(WizardCommand.java:122)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.doExecuteCommand(CommandHandler.java:875)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.tryRunCommandDescriptor(CommandHandler.java:721)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.tryRunCommandID(CommandHandler.java:604)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler.runCommandLoop(CommandHandler.java:245)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandServlet.doGet(CommandServlet.java:256)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.auth.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:209)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.util.SetRequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetRequestEncodingFilter.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
If I navigate down to the into category/type/data and do a new form it works fine.
clues ?
Nothing of interest in logs (trace, servletd, error, etc)
Andy
iwovGraduate
Post your templating.cfg ?
Check if your templating.cfg is well-formatted.
nipper
It should be as it has not changed (except the prune= "t") part:
<templating prune-missing-files = "t">
and that it works when I am inside the category/type/data directory
Anyone have 6.1 that can try ?
TIA
Andy
iwovGraduate
I was asking since I have seen this error when templating.cfg is malformatted or has incorrect characters.
Not that I doubt your abilitiy to edit a XML file
- dosen't harm to validate.
Does this happen for all areas ?
Adam Stoller
Remembering this stuff is easy. Remembering my cellphone number - that's difficult! :-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
iwxml_validate.ipl -d 3 templating.cfg
VALID: templating.cfg
FYI: just heard from support:
Unfortunately, you have encountered bug 56668. The bug was originally patched
on TeamSite 6.1 SP1 but the fix didn't make it to TeamSite 6.1 SP2. There is
currently a patch on the works for TeamSite 6.1 SP2 that will fix the problem.
This patch is slated to be out at the end of the month.
Andy
iwovGraduate
Are you on SP2 yet ?
If not, maybe you can use SP1 + patch and see if it actually resolves your issue (as claimed by the release notes)
Funny that SP2 would unfix something that was fixed in SP1+patch.
nipper
>Are you on SP2 yet ?
>If not, maybe you can use SP1 + patch and see if it actually resolves your issue (as claimed by the release notes)
Yes I am on SP2. Hense the problem, trying to decide if I wait it out or downgrade.
>Funny that SP2 would unfix something that was fixed in SP1+patch.
Yea, certianly do not think much of TS as an SCM tool. Unless someone forgot to merge the bugfix branch in for SP2.
Andy
nipper
Followup,
I backed tp SP1 and the latest patch.
prune-missing-files works fine. The first new template took about 10 seconds to run (we have 180 templates over 52 branches)
but each later new template was in a second or so, even for different branches. So it appears that IW is building a list and using
that. Do not know if it is per user. It does not change after normal iwreset.
Andy
gzevin
****! I hit this issue today too..
what a ****!
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
BTW I did get an email last week from support, there is a patch now for SP2. You can request it.
I will update this with a patch # once I sober, er, wake up.
Andy
gzevin
well, I woke up before you.. seemingly ..
The patch id is 1560 (filename: IWOVts-sol-6.1.0.2-P57688-Build45896.tar.gz). From the readme of the patch, bug 56668 is included as fix.
its a jumbo patch.. 260 megs.. and I still cannot comprehend why gif files are included...
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
its a jumbo patch.. 260 megs.. and I still cannot comprehend why gif files are included...
260 Meg ? Jumbo ? No way. 260 M is average now. 500M is the smallest for Jumbo.
Good thing bandwidth is cheap, even for you Aussies. I cannot remeber the last time I used
a 56 KB modem.