Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
STDOUT/STDERR redirection under DCT
System
I am using iwconfig in a DCT inline to retrieve a value from iw.cfg. The inline works when I run in on the command line, but when run through the UI or with iwdctacleval it appears that iwconfig does not return the value. I know there's something lame and broken with redirection of STDOUT and STDERR for ExternalTask processes on Windows, but now I'm thinking this bug affects inlines too. Has anyone seen something like this? Is there a workaround (other than parsing iw.cfg manually)?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you sure it isn't returning a value?
It might be that it's returning a value with a newline attached to the end of it - and if you don't chomp() the return value whatever you feed it to next may not like it.
Also - are you sure you are running the CLT within the inline script - if you don't use an explicit path or an implicitly derived path (like via TeamSite::Config::iwgethome()), then you are counting on the PATH environment to point to IWHOME/bin which may not be the case.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com