Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
6.1 CCP- Properties- Remove owner/group edit ???
Drew_The_Goat
Hello,
We have noticed that in 6.1 CCP UI, the File properties display with owner/group fields as editable- this is a bit too much power for our users!! It would be cool to limit to the CCP properties to view only (assignable by role)- anyone know if there is a handle in the UITK to turn off the properties edit? I only have found the reference to the file_properties link itself (refid="_iw.ccpro.file_properties.link)
Thanks,
Drew
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
smenon
Drew..
unfortunately the attributes of those fields are not configurable. This has already been logged as a feature request.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Unbelievable. I think you might want to call this a bug - in what way would anyone ever want
any
user to be able to modify permissions on files and directories? This is not a feature - this is a security issue.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Drew_The_Goat
Hi Sunil,
I have also noticed another issue with the file properties. In CCS, when user clicks on properties, only a partial list of metadata is displayed, while in CCP, all of a file's extended attributes display (abet with the less desirable owner/group edit fields). I also have a case open on this issue with Interwoven.
Thanks,
Drew