Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Problems with drop-downs
mkeller
I'm having a problem with some drop-down menus in my templates. It seems that users get a message telling them that they've left information out if they don't explicitly choose an option. In other words, the default option (the first option) isn't "chosen" unless the user manipulates the drop-down. This thread:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=38668&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post38668
suggests it's a bug.
Is there a workaround?
-Matt
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Yeah, I've dealt with the same issue... you could have the first option say something like "PLEASE SELECT" and assign it a null value. Then, when you're validating the form through FormAPI, you can verify that this item has been changed to reflect a valid selection.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
Adam Stoller
What version of TS / TST (including patches and/or service packs applied)?
What platform?
Are you using FormAPI?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mkeller
I thought of that...it WOULD help the user to stop receiving messages that don't make sense, but it also makes the form less convenient.
Is there a way in the template to add a "selected" attribute to an option, or is it always the first option that is chosen by default?
-Matt
Migrateduser
Yeah, you can specify selected="t" with your option tag. I'm not sure that this fixes the problem, but please follow-up if it does. Of course, this might present some problems if you're opening an existing DCR. I'd be interested to know.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
Adam Stoller
Try using FormAPI - and in the init() function explicitly set such drop-down fields as valid and then, I believe, do a IWDatacapture.redrawLabels();
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mkeller
Dave,
Adding a selected attribute did seem to solve the problem...so far. We'll see if it withstands heavy testing.
Thanks,
-Matt