Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD/DD 6.0 Admin GUI or general lag
clogan
I just upgraded from TS5.0.1 with OD 5.0.1 and DD 5.2.1 to TS6.1 with OD/DD 6.0 on Solaris 9. Since the upgrade, the OD/DD Admin GUI doesn't seem like it is running at 100%. When OpenDeploy or DataDeploy standalone deployments are called from perl scripts, they show up right away in the Admin GUI under View Deployments. If I click on the specific link for a deployment that is running, most of the time the bottom frame will say "Unknown Server Error." Eventually, the bottom frame will show the legs of the deployment.
Sometimes when a DataDeploy deployment is running, I will see that the leg of the deployment took like 4 seconds to complete, but the overall deployment is still running and it has been over 20 minutes. I am not sure if this problem is totally related to the Admin GUI, because the perl scripts that start the deployments have the same problem.
Anyone seen this behavior before? I tried using iwodcmd start instead of iwodstart for OpenDeploy deployments because I was told by support that it is more efficient due to the non-spawning of new JVMs every time, but I haven't seen a difference.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
clogan
I brought this up to Interwoven Support and they told me to turn off Event Reporting and restart OpenDeploy. After I did this, my deployments starting taking seconds again.
srakesh28
Hi,
I am seeing this exact issue, can tell exact steps support gave you to turn off Event reporting and restart OD Admin, in my case it's a fresh install on Solaris 9 with Teamsite and OD 6.0.
Thank you
Rakesh Shah
Adam Stoller
Are you saying you "can tell [the] exact steps" - or are you asking whether someone "can tell [you the] exact steps"?
With regard to the latter - you need to edit the odbase.xml [Base Server] and/or odrcvr.xml [Receiver] - look for the "eventReporting tag and change the value of the "enabled" attribute from "yes" to "no" - and then restart the OD server (/etc/init.d/iwod60 restart). This is a server-wide setting, not a deployment-specific setting.
Once disabled (enabled="no"), you won't be able to use the Report section of the OD Admin UI (it will still be there, but there won't be any data for it to report on).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
srakesh28
Thanks this is the info I was looking for and seems to have helped, I have ran a lot of Deploy today and did not get that error again.
Appreciate your help