Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwsetextattr how do I use it?
hossman1
We are currently in the process of upgrading from 5.5.2 to 6.1 and for our 5.5.2 install we wrote a custom Set extended Attributes menu item that called iwextattr.
This custom ipl file will not work with 6.1 without some modification. So before I start to modify our custom code to work with 6.1 I saw that 6.1 has this ipl file called iwsetextattr.ipl and I was wondering if anyone can give me some information able how I would go about using this from a menu item in 6.1. I've looked in all the Interwoven docs and none of them talk about this ipl. Can anybody help?
Thanks,
Dustin
Senior UI Designer
COUNTRY Insurance & Financial Services
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not exactly sure what this script is supposed to do (David Croley apparently created it - but didn't bother to provide decent documentation for it) - but it looks like it expects certain parameters to be passed into the CGI via form variables ("input_args") and then splits that into a '$dcr2' and '$attr2' (the latter of which I'm assuming is in the form "key=value") and then invokes the CLT 'iwextattr' using these as command line arguments.
In other words - I don't think it does anything that you couldn't do yourself - and perhaps do better yourself since you could customize your implementation to match your requirements for your environment.
At some point I believe that IWOV is supposed to make a web-service available for getting and setting EAs - where you'll be able to use an XML data-input file to do all the various key=value things - but I don't know when and obviously don't know the details of exactly how it will work. The only thing I recall from discussions about it was that it was supposed to help eliminate the heavy overhead cost of getting/setting multiple EAs on multiple files.
That being said - what's the issue with your existing custom Perl script? Perhaps you didn't take into account the changes to the CGI form variables that are exported by TeamSite in 6.x - *and* - didn't use the wdpro_menu.ipl wrapper for calling your CGI so that it "looks" like it has the pre-6.x form variables?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com