Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Opensource templating similar to Teamsite
dazzlad
Hi,
I've been Teamsite conracting for a few years now with the big corporates, but occassionally maintain a few chartiable/non-profit sites as a sideline.
I'm looking for a templating engine similar to Teamsite and wondering if anyone has come across anything in the opensource domain:
It does need:
- Data Type definition (either xml or some flat file)
- Store data as XML.
- Dynamic Client side forms, replicants (replicants are v.important).
It doesn't need:
- Versioning.
- Permissions/roles.
- Generation (will just use XSL over the data records).
- Workflow.
I've have written all of the above already.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.
Darren.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
Zope
e.g.
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Zope/Form-Processing-With-Zope
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
dazzlad
Thanks.
I've looked at this previously but got a bit overwhelmed by it all.
Would you recommend digging into plone or just zope itself (considering all i really want is a templating engine).
My only doubts are the fact it is based on python and most of my sites are in a shared hosting environment...
D.
dazzlad
Actually, i'll be a little more specific.
What i *really* want is the replicant ability.
- code to render a form from an xml definition
- ability to specify min-max replicants
- js code to dynamically add remove repicants (without server refresh).
- code to save/load data records.
I'm looking at the zope templating language and it doesn't seem to do this sort of thing.
I know i may have to bite the bullet and actually write something myself, but i'm going to exhaust all other possibilities first
Thanks
D