Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Error with one user and one DCR
Paul
Folks -
We have TeamSite 5.5.2 SP3 installed on Windows NT. I have a single user that is having trouble with a single DCR that she created.
When she tries to edit the DCR, she gets the following error message:
Error: 500
Location: /iw/webdesk/templating/DatacaptureServlet
Internal Servlet Error:
I can edit the DCR, Others can edit the DCR and she can edit other DCRs. Any clues as to what is going on here? I can't find any error messages in the log files nor can I see any reason for this to be happening.
Thanks
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lhdavis
Which log files have you looked at? Are there any differences in the roles folks are logging in as when they have successfully been able to edit the DCR? Does this DCR have different permissions for some reason?
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
fjvelasco
Hi
Appears the problem in another PC? The same user in several PCs has the same error? I think that is some trouble with the internet navigator.
My previos PC raises an error with callouts on odd boots, but all other PC works fine ¿?
Good luck.
FJ
Paul
I was wrong. She can NOT start a new template or edit any templates that uses this particular datacapture.cfg file I found this in the servletd error log
com.interwoven.api.access.IWPolicedMixin$OpDeniedException: Operation "read" is not permitted.
at com.interwoven.api.filesys.IWSimpleFileRemoterImpl.open(Native Method)
at com.interwoven.api.filesys.IWSimpleFile.open(IWSimpleFile.java:106)
at com.interwoven.api.filesys.IWSimpleFile.open(IWSimpleFile.java:121)
at com.interwoven.api.filesys.IWFileInputStream.<init>(IWFileInputStream.java:49)
at com.interwoven.sharedutils100.filesys.FileBean.getInputStream(FileBean.java:327)
at com.interwoven.templating.DCTUtils.readDCT(DCTUtils.java:118)
at com.interwoven.templating.DatacaptureServlet.doCreateNewDCRForm(DatacaptureServlet.java:898)
at com.interwoven.templating.DatacaptureServlet.doGet(DatacaptureServlet.java:123)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at com.interwoven.framework.base.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:66)
at com.interwoven.framework.auth.AuthServlet.service(AuthServlet.java:96)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213)
at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:423)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
RuntimeException message:
Operation "read" is not permitted.
She is the ONLY person that is having this problem with this datacapture.cfg file. I am wondering if Internet Exploder has some wierd security settings set
Paul
I'll get all this down eventually.
This user's ID raises the same issue from a PC that works for another user.
In other words, When logged into TeamSite from my PC she gets the same error(s) yet I can edit the file and start a new DCR
Paul
I have removed her ID and added her back. I have also rebuilt the entities database and still no dice.
lhdavis
Check the permissions on that particular datacapture.cfg file. Is she in any of the groups that have write and execute access to that DCT? Compare permissions on that DCT to one that she can open. That would be my recommendation.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Edited by lhdavis on 07/08/04 08:11 AM (server time).
Paul
BINGO!
Checking the security settings for that file I saw an entry for an unknown user and no entry for the global_group. Fixing that addressed her issue. The bigger mystery is how did that file's settings get changed in the first place.
Oh Well problem solved