Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCR Difference between Preview and Generate
Sharty
Hey Folk -
got a strange problem here on our TS 6.1 installation....
If I have filled in a template form and preview it, the template looks completely fine, all the teasers appear correct, all includes show up correct.
We have a seperating dotted line between the left nav and the main page.
- After previewing the file with the biggest possible image on the left nav bar, the dotted line is showing up and the template is displayed correctly.
- If I generate this file with our workflow (standard workflow, no fancy things) and view the file after running through the workflow, the dotted line has disappeared...
This only is an issue if using only the biggest possible image on the left nav side, a smaller image doesn't have the same affect to the seperating dotted line.
The preview and the generation of the file is refering to the same tpl, the same DCT is the base of these files and for sure the DCR change is only concerning different picture sized which are called.
Anyone an idea what we can still test or do?
Thanks a lot
Jens
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sharty
one more thing which might be the problem is, that on the TeamSite side we have the Apache running, after the workflow we refer to an oracle webserver...
Any ideas how to fix that issue?
fjvelasco
Hi
I understand that you obtain a diferent page from preview and generate proccess for the same DCR and TPL.
Try to compare both files. Generate the file in the workflow and generate the file in TS interface, compare them, have both the same characters and content?
If they are the same, I think that the html that adds TS to include the floating options bar, is interfering with your HTML or the navigator interprets it of diferent ways.
Good luck.
Saludos.
FJ.
Sharty
Hi,
You were right...
If I close the floating option bar, the page is showing up totally fine...
If I go back with the "back" browser button to get the bar back, the page is showing up incorrect...
It is really bisarr... but I think there is nothing I can really do about it...
Thanks anyway
Jens
Edited by Sharty on 07/12/04 04:00 AM (server time).
fjvelasco
Hi
Check if your HTML file is correct, this is that all the tags are closed and <tr> and <td> are correctly used. Think that the navigator tries to interpret your code and sometimes creates aditional code to make it complete. I found a lot of pages that didn't use the </td> and </tr>, that things makes your HTML inneficient.
Buena suerte ;-)
FJ
Sharty
Hi
we use jsp sites and Oracle DB connections, it is not only an HTMl file...
Further more, the issue is only appearing at one image with a specific width, all other images with smaller width show up fine...
When exiting the floating bar option, you see visually, that the left and the right part of the side is moving together.
But I will check the code and see if I can come up with something.
Thanks again for the hint.
Regards