I have tripped upon an annoyance with logging into CCPRO and CCSTD (logging out of one and into the other) when the iw.cfg value
ui_login_lifetime is set to the value
infinite. I have tried different combinations of values for the
ui_login_lifetime together with
cookie_lifetime and discovered that when
ui_login_lifetime is set to
infinite, and then I restart TeamSIte, when I attempt to move from CCSTD to CCPRO by logging out and back in, the login screen just sits there while the bar at the bottom of the browser that implies it's spinning its wheels just keeps filling in. I'm basically stuck. And when I change the value of
ui_login_lifetime to something else, like
30D (meaning 30 days), restart TeamSite and go back and forth between the UIs via the login screen, it works seamlessly. So what's the deal with setting
ui_login_lifetime to
lifetime, which is a valid value (documented in the Admin Guide on pg. 30/31)? Why would it affect logging out and back into TeamSite in such a detrimental way?
The reason I want to use the
infinite value for the login timeout is because I plan on utilizing URL Commands enbedded in emails during workflow, which will allow users to act on tasks through the email links rather than logging into TeamSIte, and as long as they once-upon-a-time logged into TeamSite, clicking on one of those links will just do the right thing without prompting anyone for a login. But now I clearly can't rely on that.
Dave SmithSr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com