Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Javascript Constant with IE6.0
cliffhanger
Hello,
I am using IE6.0, I am facing an weird problem- when I declare a constant in my FormAPI and open up a DCR that uses that Javascript, IE is giving me a syntax error, and when I am doing this with Mozilla Firefox, it's operating just fine.
Any idea what is causing this issue or is this a known thing?
Thanks in advance,
-cliffhanger
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I'm afraid it's kinda nebulous to me from your description. Can you post or attach some code so we can try to figure out the problem?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
cliffhanger
Hi Dave,
I commented out my entire code and only kept the following declaration, yet it's giving me a syntax error. I tried embedding this javascript code in HTML and opening with a IE broswer so that it's independent of TeamSite, still having the same issue. Is this something to do with my browser configuration??
const A_MEG_IN_BYTE = '1048576.0';
-cliff
Migrateduser
Isn't const a Javascript 2.0 item? I've seen it and have used it (sometimes), but can you get away with using "var" instead?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
cliffhanger
Yes I could get away with a var, but I wanted to use "constant" instead. How do I check which Javascript version my browser is using?
Migrateduser
Okay, well this isn't apparently up-to-date, but I found this resource:
http://www.jellspace.net/javascript/ref/jsversioncomp.html
Also, I need to let you know that I'm not 100% sure that this syntax is exclusively JS 2.0, but I suspect it is.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
cliffhanger
Thanks Dave!!!