Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Error while attaching files to a job
infyniti
Hi all,
I have created a workflow on the basis of "Author Submit with Deploy" workflow from the solutions provided by Interwoven.
When ever i try to attach files to a job, it throws an error
Invalid workflow:
Error:02429 Task is not a start task
Error: Could not add files to task Approver
Error: Error:02429: Task is not a start task.
Please find the workflow and the error in the attachment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Anant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm going to skip looking at the file you posted - you clearly are missing the relevance of the error messages and/or do not know enough about wft development and debugging.
In this particular case - you've tried adding a <files>...</files> element to a task which is not defined as a start task (start="t") - and you cannot do that.
So - you might want to do some more reading of the workflow manual, the workflow tutorial supplement (available on DevNet) and/or take a class on workflow development.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
infyniti
Fish,
Thanks a lot for you reply. I admit that I have to do a lot of reading on workflow manuals, which I am doing. This is my first project developing workflows.
Coming to your comment on setting the start="t", I did set it to true.
<usertask name="Transition to Author"
owner="__TAG__('iw_user');"
description="Notify author of pending content authoring task"
start="t"
lock="f">
<areavpath v="__TAG__('iw_workarea');"/>
<successors>
<successorset description="AuthorWork">
<succ v="AuthorWork"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
__INSERT__($iw_selected_files);
</usertask>
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I am using the "Author Submit with Deploy" as template to create my workflow which i tweaked around. This workflow works find if I don't attach files to it, which I already tested it.
Please advice.
Regards,
Anant
Adam Stoller
The error message was with regard to the task 'Approver':
<usertask name="Approver"
owner="__TAG__('iw_areaowner');"
description="Author Content Approval"
readonly="t">
...
<template_script><![CDATA[
if (
@submit_file
!= 0)
{
__INSERT__("<files>\n");
for (my $i=0; $i <
@submit_file
; ++$i)
{
__INSERT__("
<file path='$submit_file[$i]' " .
"comment='__TAG__(File_comment_$i);'/>");
}
__INSERT__("</files>\n");
}
]]></template_script>
...
</usertask>
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
IN addition, APprover is a read only task so your approver will not be able to do anything to that job except say yes or no.
Just and FYI