Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using iwgen
tsrookie
Gidday all,
I've built a tpl that generates all the pages I need from a collection of DCR's
I want to use iwgen to generate the output,
now from my reading iwgen takes at least 3 parameters
the presentation template path (this is ok)
the dcr path (now rather than a specific dcr it uses a collection of dcrs and I have specified this in the tpl)
and the final output page name (this is not necessary either as the tpl also knows what pages to output.
but iwgen won't run unless you use 3 parameters, I intend to add a custom menu item to trigger the generation of this tpl
Any help appreciated
regards
Colin
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
civ3
Hi
>the dcr path (now rather than a specific dcr it uses a collection of dcrs and I have specified this in the tpl)
>
Then you can pass in a fake dcr. Or create an empty one and use it.
>and the final output page name (this is not necessary either as the tpl also knows what pages to output.
>
You can provide a page name in any location of your file system. A good place is your temporary directory.
Regards,
civ3.
gzevin
there is more than iwgen available to do the task. RTFM
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
tsrookie
Hi Greg,
Ok I have RTFM and assume you mean iwpt_comiple right
then I will have to add Teamsite eas using iwextattr
very exciting,
I know I have to get out more.
Regards
Colin
gzevin
good. iwpt_compile can generate and redurect the output to /dev/null. so you don't even need a dummy page to generate to.
you could wrap this into another perl script.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU