Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
O.D. 5.6 command line
rodigz
Hi,
In O.D. 5.6 deployment will it be possible to deploy one defintion at a time?
In O.D. 4.2 you can specify what deployment to deploy..
example:
/home/teamsite/iw-home/opendeploy/bin/iwdeploy -fs /home/teamsite/iw-home/opendeploy/conf/sample.cfg sample1
sample.cfg
deployment=sample1
area=/iwmnt/default/main/SAMPLE1/SAM1/EDITION
local_directory=.
etc..
;
;
deployment=sample2
area=/iwmnt/default/main/SAMPLE2/SAM2/EDITION
local_directory=.
etc etc
;
;
how about in O.D. 5.6? What's the corresponding command.??
thanks!
thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
You could parameterize your execDeploymentTask and then pass in the definition using -k on the command line.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
rodigz
Hi Todd,
I want to execute sample1but it seems not working with this command it still deploy sample1 and sample2. What's wrong with my command?
/usr/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG/bin/iwodstart testdep -k sample1
Basically here's my configuration.
deployment transactional="no">
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="sample1" />
<execDeploymentTask useDefinition="sample2" />
</deployment>
thank you!
Adam Stoller
I believe I just responded to this in another thread - basically providing an example of what Todd indicates above.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Adam Stoller
If you have multiple execDeploymentTasks defined without variables - they all get called - regardless of what you put on the command line. If you instead have *one* execDeployTask defined with a variable - *then* the command line parameter substitution will work to invoke only one of the definitions (whichever you provide on the command line).
Does that help clarify things for you?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rodigz
Locating OpenDeploy service.
Got OpenDeploy service
>>>>>-- Start deployment sample
iwodstart running in default synchronous mode.
Need to wait for deployment to complete.
***ERROR - Starting deployment.
Reason from server: DEPLOY_CONFIG_FILE
Details : Got Exception: null
rodigz
Hi Fish,
I really appreciate your help. Things work fine in command line how about in GUI? I run that file in the Gui I got this error..
sample
Got Exception: null
THANKS!
Adam Stoller
Are you providing the parameters in the GUI - before attempting to run the deployment?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rodigz
Hi,
I need to provide a parameter in order to run it. Is that correct?
Is this correct?
def=1,2
regards
Adam Stoller
The value of def will contain a single string - if you did that you would get "1,2" and anywhere you have "$def^" in your config file it would be replaced with "1,2" - which I don't think you want. I think you want *either* "def=1" or "def=2" (based on previous posts in this or related threads).
If you're trying to make the deployment configuration configurable to the point of the *number* of execDeploymentTasks run - I think you'll be wasting your time - it will attempt to run every execDeploymentTask it sees.
If there's still some disconnect here between what you believe you're asking and what I appear to be providing as a response - I suggest you respond with a fresh *detailed* description what you are trying to accomplish, and provide pseudo-examples.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rodigz
Thanks you very much.. I got it..
Migrateduser
Hi Fish,
I am trying to convert a cfg from 4.5 to 6.0XML. My deployment cfg has mutiple definitions and only few definitons have dnr scripts. then how to parameterize and execute only one definition at time. Any good Suggestion?
Thanks
Tom
Adam Stoller
Before you convert your 4.5 config files - you should break them up into separate 4.5 style config files - then convert them using the iwodcfg2xml (hmm, this utility doesn't seem to exist in my OD6 installation??)
Unless there is a logical reason for multiple deployment definitions to exist within the same configuration file (e.g. you deploy some files to a webserver and some to an appserver concurrently -- or -- none of them use a DNR or all of them use the same DNR -- you should put them into their own config files for OD5+/OD6+
I think you're trying to consolidate logically separate deployments - and that's why you're running into problems
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks Fish for your reply, Basically my dnr scripts are invoking next level of deployments, some defintions have dnr scripts (calling next deployment) and some dont have next deployment so dnr script.This works fine in 45. These definitions all belongs to single branch so I have them in a single deployment.
If you suggest me to break them up then I will be running into unmanageable number of deployments which I dont want. I am just planning to have one dnr script executing a perl program in next level which checks whether to run the next level deployment based on definition name. How is this? Pls Suggest me.
Thanks
Adam Stoller
I don't understand your environment - so I cannot make specific suggestions regarding what you need to do.
I've simply provided suggestions along the lines of "best practices" which you can choose to follow or not.
From what you've described - my interpretation is that you're asking for trouble and are currently running into it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks for your valuable time.
Tom