Hi
Please could you give me your opinion on this idea.... (I do not think it is a good idea but management are pushing for it and I would appreciate some good technical reasons why not to do it!)
We are going to upgrade our production teamsite system to v6.1 sp1, and implement a dual-server HA cluster using Veritas cluster server.
The idea is to install and run the production instance active on only one of the two nodes at any one time. Management want to install and run a separate development instance of teamsite on the dormant node of the cluster for cost saving purposes.
I have said that it will be a bad idea to try and install 2 teamSite instances on the same server, and this would compromise the integrity of the Production system. Shared files like /etc/iw.cfg would be affected, plus other server dependant configuration files, and possibly other system level utilities.
Personally I am fighting for a stand alone dev teamsite environment on its own server - we have this at the moment but they are trying to decomission it for cost savings!!
Could you please give me your opinions on this idea?
many thanks
- mark
Edited by mmb on 10/20/04 03:58 AM (server time).