Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
To viewing jobs specific to a branch
msarker
Hello,
Our teamsite environment is shared by many groups. Each group has their specific teamsite Branch. If I click on "All Jobs" option in the "view" menu it displays all the jobs from ALL the groups. Is there any way that I can display all the jobs related to MY group only?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,
msarker
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
No.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
As with almost everything TeamSite, the answer seems to depend largely on what version, what UI, etc.
In 5.5.2 at least, in the WebDesk Pro UI, if you set a job variable on each job that indicates what branch it's in (I usually do this at job creation but you can update all jobs with a script), then use iw.cfg to add job filters, users can filter jobs by branch. This is very likely to break in any other release and I don't think there's anything you can do for WebDesk Unprofessional. There should be better alternatives in 6.x.
msarker
Thanks smitty. I thought that it might be done by configuring iw.cfg for workflow section or through some sort of custom menu item.
Regards,
msarker
Migrateduser
Well John seems to have done something like that with Webdesk Pro - although I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for. I'm not sure if his solution will allow you to filter only on a single branch at a time, or if it's smart enough to filter out all the branches you have access to. John's a pretty smart guy, so I assume he could make it do what you want to do. I assume in 6.x you'd have to do some voodoo with the UI toolkit - but I'm not sure how easy it would be. I guess my thorough answer of "No" wasn't a very good answer. As hard as it is for me to admit that.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
msarker
Thanks very much John. I will try your idea. By the way I forgot to mention the TS environment. It is TS.5.5.2 service pack 4. Solaris.
Regards,
msarker
Migrateduser
I thought it was a good answer - I guess I wouldn't suggest doing it my way because it will break in 6.x. It does really add value in 5.x when there are lots of jobs. I think it also increases performance for todolist refreshes.
I don't know of any way to filter specifically by branches the user has permissions for, but you can have multiple selects/variables and they work as an and condition (show me all jobs having this variable set to this value and that variable set to that value). Maybe set the second var to the group name on the branch or workarea. You can only select one branch and one value, but if you make no selection you get all branches.
Migrateduser
The documentation makes it appear that you can only have three variables but on one implementation I had 5. If you are using multiple variables you probably want to keep the values as short as possible (remove /store/main and possibly WORKAREA/name) because all the drop-downs appear in one row of the todolist UI.
Also, the branch names (the possible values for the variable) have to be known in advance so they can be configured in iw.cfg.
msarker
Thanks very much smitty and John for your support.
Regards,
msarker
DavidMusser
Is this possible in 6.5 SP2, did the UI toolkit add anything?
Adam Stoller
Is this possible in 6.5 SP2, did the UI toolkit add anything?
The UITK should help.
If you set a job attribute / job variable to the branch name you can probably add it to the UI as a column and then you can sort on that column.
Last time I did this (about 2 or more years ago) we were unable to get the Filter option to work with custom job attributes.
I don't have any details beyond the above and what you can find in the manuals - sorry.
DavidMusser
That is what I believe as well. It does not look like it's possible to change the ALL Jobs to anything else yet.
OR add a new filter.
-D