Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FYI : Pretty good perl editor
abhijeet1
FYI : Found a pretty good perl editor.Its called Optiperl (
http://www.xarka.com/optiperl/
). Its got some unique features including a regex tester. Worth a look
AK
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If it didn't cost money and work only for Windows it would be great. Why spend a bunch of money for something like this? Not worth it...
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
JonathonG
There's always jEdit, which comes with a Perl mode, and has a regex tester add-on that you can download:
www.jedit.org
It's open source, written in Java, so its free and platform-independent.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
herald10
I am using Eclipse with a perl plugin and it works great. Includes a regex validator and good debugging as well. Eclipse is awesome especially if you want to work on more than one language at a time. java, perl, C++, XML, HTML... you name it
Bill Klish
Are you using the TeamCode eclipse plugin when doing your development? What is your perl plugin (EPIC)?
herald10
We are using EPIC.
fjvelasco
Hi
I use HTMLKit that is more lightweight, it's free and has a lot of usefull plugings and HTML autocompletion. I don't have any problem with coding and Windows and Unix files. It's very simple and works fine in a medium PC.
http://www.chami.com/html-kit
Regards.
FJ
reddyl
How do you use eclipse to debug iwperl code?
brandon1
FYI -- You have replied to fairly old post and you might want to create a new thread.
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Windows
Bill Klish
Go to this site for more information
http://e-p-i-c.sourceforge.net
This is an eclipse perl plugin, which includes a debugger. I know there is documentation out on that site for setting up the debugger.
Hope that helps,
-Bill
reddyl
I did install the EPIC perl plugin for eclipse could develop my TeamSite perl scripts, CGI's and externaltasks. I will try the debuging module to see how it works.
Thank you,
Reddy
Lal
Also is worth to try SCITE editor..Its free
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
there is option in the language menu, to select and set ur language.
I am using it for the past 3 yrs
Lal