Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ERROR: Deleting Users in Library Manager.
sphan_xell
Hi,
I've encountered a problem in removing users from the master Realm in WorksiteMP Library Manager. If it's a new user just got added (mistakenly), then you can quickly delete the account. However, after the user have accessed WorksiteMP (through Maisite, WebApp,.etc..), that account become undeletable. It's marked as Deleted but not logically removed.
Is there a way to get around this? I've replicate Exchange users into the library, but now I cannot remove neither the LDAP link nor the users of that LDAP
directory.
Any tip is helpful. Thanks.
sphan_xell.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dbguy
- Create a dummy user somewhere else in the tree
- Select the user you want to get rid of
- In the menu bar, go to the "Action" menu and select "Account Transfer"
- Select your dummy user as your destination
This will transfer all activity logs, ownership, membership, etc. from the original user to the destination user. You should be able to delete the original user after the transfer.
If you want to transfer multiple users, you will need a different destination trustee for each one.
Caveat: you will not be able to delete the destination trustee...
sphan_xell
I found out that this feature is available in WorksiteMP 3.1 and up (we're a little behind in the version). Thanks for the tips.
sphan_xell.
JTNeville
Tech support provided us with a cms patch that allowed us to delete these ghost trustee's in cases where there were users with child dependencies on deleted data.
sphan_xell
Hi JTNeville,
Could you point me to the location of the CMS patch or forward that to me. This could definitely come in handy since I'm planning to migrate many users and removing some of them.
Thanks,
sphan_xell.
JTNeville
You'll need to open a ticket with support.
I could forward you our CMS patch but I wouldn't want to be responsible for it bunging up your CMS. I don't know how tailored it was to our specific implementation, but I sent them our cms file to build it from. If your support rep isn't familar with the patch, Interwoven Engineer Mr. S. Imam could answer the question on their side for him.