Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
<java> tags
matheen
In my template if I use java tages like
<![CDATA[
<IMPORTBEAN BEAN="/solutioncenter/DSD7Sub">
<java type=import>
context.*
javax.servlet.ServletRequest
javax.servlet.http.*
java.util.*
</java>
]]>
They are shouwing up in the page once I have generated. I want them to be hidden (not displaying on the screen). Can anyone help me in this issue? IMPORTBEAN BEAN is not showing up in the screen though'.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'm not famillar with java tags - it looks like basic XML syntax as opposed to say JSP directives (<% ... %>) or similar such directives for ASP, etc.
Without seeing the entire PT (I assume you're talking about a *presentation* template [PT] and not a data capture template [DCT] - yes?) it's a bit difficult to try to hypothesize why the tags are showing up in the rendered page (you are talking about the rendered page - right - not the actual source of the generated file?)
It would also probably help if you told us what version of TS/TST you are using (including SPs) on what server platform and what client platform, OS, and browser (including version) you are using.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
matheen
Hey,
Thanks for responsing me.
I am using Team Site 6.1 on Sun solaris box.
In my display.tpl file I am having that code. I want the code not to show up when I do the preview and generate the page because all those <java> tags are resolved when I deploy this page in ATG server. But I find one intersting thing
If I put my code like
<java type=import
context.*
/>
then, "context.*" won't showup in the display page.
but if I put
<java type=import>
context.*
</java>
then " context.*" is showing up. But I want this not to showup. Can you please tel me how to do that?
Adam Stoller
Perhaps:
<java type="import">
<!--
context.*
//-->
</java>
? just a guess though. The problem here is that you're generating a page for one environment (ATG) but trying to preview it in another (non-ATG) and that's not too realistic unless you can include code that itself determines the context and thereby determines what to actually render.
The above idea might work for previewing in TeamSite - but you'd have to verify that it doesn't break anything when viewed through ATG.
One alternative that a number of ustomers use is to have a 'preview server' - essentially a replica of their production web server (sometimes the same machine with a different docroot specified) that files can be deployed to and previewed within the exact same context as their ultimate destination. In cases like this, TeamSite customization is done to hide/replace the OOTB preview capabilities with customized ones that take care of the deployment and then either redirect or provide URL links for the user to click on - that will take them to the prevew server to view their page.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com