Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deploying from an EDITION
Paul
Here's a question that was posed to me a couple of days ago and I have no answer as of yet. Is it possible to deploy he entire contents of an edition to a web server in one shot? The reason this was brought up was that someone "upstairs" raised the question about content "falling out of synch" between what's on TeamSite and what's on the web server. If that should happen in some disastrous way, the business wanted a way to quickly deploy that content back out to the web server. I don't see a way to do this do you?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
herald10
Just do a directory comparison to sync the webserver with the edition. Or else you can do a Teamsite comparison between that particular edition and the initial edition(which is empty).
HTH
-H
iwovGraduate
... I don't see a way to do this do you? ...
I don't see why you can't do this. Afterall its the core functionality of OpenDeploy. Using the required EDITION as your source in deployment configuration would do it. Whats the issue ? Or perhaps I am missing something ?
Paul
It's probably just me looking to make this more difficult than it has to be. Let me ask this, using the required EDITION as the source will that deploy everything within that edition recursively down through directories? Right now, our workflow based deployments don't recurse directories meaning I can't select a directory and have ALL files and directories below that level deployed out to the web server.
iwovGraduate
... using the required EDITION as the source will that deploy everything within that edition recursively down through directories? ...
Yes - depends on your configuration though. e.g. use dir-compare instead of fileilst.
... our workflow based deployments don't recurse directories ...
Again, depends on your configuration.
*Typically*
deployments from workflow are file-list deployments and would deploy only the files/directories contained in the filelist.
I am not sure how familiar you are with OpenDeploy and different configurations. I would suggest you scan through the OpenDeploy Admin Guide and reading about types of deployments and perhaps spending some time hand-on exploring different options.
Paul
Thanks man. I am most familiar with OpenDeploy as used for our needs. I am looking through the Admin Guide and I want to thank you for your pointing me in the right direction.
Michael
btw this post probably belongs in the
OpenDeploy
forum.
Cheers
Michael