Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Adding random input field
conquistador
I'm a newb, so be patient. I'm trying to add a field to the "new profile" screen in version 8 using Dialog Editor. The goal is to allow the user to enter a value into this field to retrieve later with reporting. I've fumbled around most of the week with different scenarios but have run into a road block. Anyone out here that can help a newb find his way?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
What is the road block? Could you give details?
conquistador
Absolutely,
In Dialog Editor I can't find the proper tool for an "insert" field. All the tools I see (I'm obviously overlooking something) deal with a lookup on already defined fields. That's the first step. The second step is to tie the inserted value to the "class" or "subclass" chosen in the profile selected. Make sense? Still digging in InterWoven's Admin documentation for the first part of the answer. No luck so far.
Tim.
conquistador
Need to add an update. I found the problem with adding the "random input" field. It seems I wasn't using the correct custom fields that don't validate against anything else. Should have been using custom13-16. The only hurdle to tackle now is finding out how to tie that input to the subclass chosen by the user. Anyone out here tackled this before?
jny
What user input are you referring to in this:
"The only hurdle to tackle now is finding out how to tie that input to the subclass chosen by the user."
subclass is a validated lookup field thus the values are displayed in the associated lookup table which come from the database. I don't know if this answers your question as I honestly don't understand what you're asking -- what your hurdle is.