Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
changing ownerships in 6.1 NT
nipper
So I loaded an old iw-home on a new system. Win 2K TS 6.1. Unforetunately some od the data was owned by
local Admin. So when I try to get to it through Y: permission is denied.
I tried copy to a new branch, everything copied but the ownership is still the previous owner (S-1234........) not the
new Admin. Also tried submit.cfg with no luck, verified with iwtestcfg but still no change.
My current best option is to create a new branch, with the correct directory structure, go through TS and download the
old dirs & then import them to the new dirs. That *SHOULD* work but will be a pain in the **** as I have a lot of
data I would really like to save.
Any ideas how I can recursively change the ownership for all the content in a WA ?
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Your old TS was which version ?
You mean you loaded old iw-store (not iw-home) on TS 6.1, right ?
Considered using iwidmap ?
Search KBs for "iwidmap" for further information.
nipper
>Your old TS was which version ?
5.5.2
The backingstore is viewable on 6.1 so I think I am ok on the revesions. I will check iwidmap
thanks
Andy