Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mac OS X
Priti
Hi- When users are importing files created in the mac os X environment, into teamsite 5.0.1 (solaris) a duplicate file gets created that looks like
._filename.jpg. So, 2 files are being created. The file with the _ is not complete, and the actual content is being imported- but why the duplicate file with the _?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
5.0.1? OS X isn't supported until 6.1 (OS X 10.2) and 10.3 was just
added in 6.5.
What you see presumably is the data and resource fork of your file;
the Mac filesystem (HFS, ) splits files into these two parts.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
clogan
We always had problems with Mac users importing files with TS5.0.1 on Solaris 8. We gave them ftp access to the server and that was an exceptable work-around for them.
nipper
>We always had problems with Mac users
We have always had trouble with Mac Users.
The computers are fine, the users need an attitude adjustment.
Adam Stoller
Perhaps we need to make sure that there is a default ruly in autoprivate.cfg.example for:
((._x)(2)(0)) [MacOS resource files]
Personally, I'm still hoping to see TS run on MacOS-X one of these days (no, I'm not holding my breath, just hoping ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
tonyarnold
Wow, you must have some rabid mac users! I'm a long-time mac user myself (my first mac ran System 6.0), but being a fairly unix-oriented person, I couldn't do without my trusty powerbook anymore
When I was first trained in TeamSite development, I made a fairly lax effort to "fix" our installation of contentcenter to run properly on the Mac under Safari - most of the errors come about due to poor javascript coding and a few bad encodings (stuff that seemed to be very easily fixed). I see the bigger issue being that Interwoven doesn't seem to have very much interest in fixing the problems, and continues to pump out web interfaces that are very obviously only tested well on IE. I work for a University, and mac users account for a much more significant chunk of our segment than I think people realise (~25% of our users - and growing now that the engineers have worked out macs are unix-based).
I realise I'm an idealist - and that the money doesn't lie in making a small percentage of your users happy, but I would hope at some future version release Interwoven would take the time (and care) to rewrite contentcenter (and the web UIs for their other products) in more standards compliant HTML and Javascript. I know I'd be more than happy to help if I was asked
Migrateduser
Mozilla should generally work as well as IE. If I remember right, TeamSite 6.1
is the point when Mozilla support got better.
We use Firefox or Mozilla heavily in engineering (want proof? fire up Mozilla
and look at the credits) so that should work fine with the possible exception
of a few things (Visual Format is the only major exception that I can recall,
although maybe there is something else...)
Regards,
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
Adam Stoller
Firefox and Camino both seem to work reasonably well (very limited testing just now). Safari (1.2.3 v125.9) crashes when I try to expand a folder in the left-hand navigation area of CCPro.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Adam Stoller
For those interested - here's an
interesting article
-
"More and more smart individuals, government agencies and corporations are shifting towards Apple and BSD environments in 2004,"
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
console_out.txt