Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Overwrite Issue
Bhargav Coca
I am working on Teamsite 6.1 On Unix, I have created DCR's and deploy to my database. I can see all the fields in my database to be perfectly alright. My problem is, if i take that same DCR edit it and deploy it with the same name, it gets deployed but none of the columns in the database get updated. Please let me know if any thing i can do to rectify this problem
Thanks
Jessica
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Need more information
Try runningg iwdd.ipl from the command line and save & post the output.
Andy
clogan
Andy,
If Jessica is on TS 6.1, then most likely he is on OD/DD 6.0. This means that iwdd.ipl doesn't exist anymore and running iwodstart or iwodcmd start don't output any useful information on the command line. She would have to check the logs for the output you want.
Bhargav Coca
Yes you are right, i can not use iwdd.ipl, I have checked my log files, when ever i deploy into my database, my row is not updated, and we are not using our 'update' as an inline command. what do u think is wrong. This is the status of my dd log file after deployment
Stat for group [CMS_TEAMSITE]:
-----------------------------------
Rows inserted : 0
Rows updated : 0
Rows deleted : 0
Rows failed : 0
Rows rolled back : 0
Rows skipped : 0
-----------------------------------
clogan
I have had similar problems before. When this happens, I try to add spaces or letters to a field that is deployed to the ROOT group. Adding spaces to end of fields or deleting data sometimes doesn't register to DataDeploy so it doesn't bother in updating the row in the database.
I have also had problems if special characters are already in the DB like a slanted single quote, slanted double quote, mdash, etc. These characters are found if you paste a lot of information from Word documents into a DCT. In this case I have to delete the special characters in the DB, make sure the special characters aren't in my DCR anymore, and redeploy.
I hope this helps.
-Craig
Bhargav Coca
Hi Craig,
I have tried it, We are using the concept of Knowledge Management here so when ever i use the same DCR again and again, Teamsite keep saving it with the same name and once deployed never updates the Database. My l og files say that my Data deploy was successful but no row is updated. Strange let me know if you have any more suggestions
Jessica
Dwayne
Any possibility of attaching your deployment config file? Otherwise, we're just taking shots in the dark.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Bhargav Coca
Here is my deployment config file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<data-deploy-configuration>
<data-deploy-elements filepath="D:\WebApps\Internal\Interwoven\OpenDeployNG\etc\database.xml" />
<client>
<deployment name="tsg">
<source>
<xml-source options="wide" area="/default/main/Intranet/TSG/WORKAREA/content" area-type="ts-filesystem" xml-type="interwoven">
<path name="$DCR^" visit-directory="no"/>
</xml-source>
</source>
<destinations>
<database use="cms-db"
update-type="standalone"
state-field="state" delete-tracker="yes" enforce-ri="no">
<dbschema use="$schema^" />
</database>
</destinations>
</deployment>
</client>
</data-deploy-configuration>