Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy
Ravidialog
Hi,
How do I change the location of the log files in Opendeploy. Please specify the all nessary changes. Specially those files are growing fast.
I am bite confused in documents, They mentioned need to be in System level.
Ravi.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
In the odbase.xml or odrcvr.xml you can specify the location of the logfiles within the logRules element.
You can *not* specify the location for the log files within the individual deployment configuration files - it's a global setting for the server.
Once you change the server config file, you also need to restart the server process for it to take effect.
Also, in the future, please provide information about what version of OpenDeploy you are referring to - there are quite a few versions out there being used, and the answers to questions regarding the product may often depend on the version (including SP level) and sometimes (though not in this case) the platform on which it is being run.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Also consider using the log rollover threshold feature to help manage the log files size.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Ravidialog
Exellent answers, I am using 5.6 opendeploy, if I am deploying
Do I have to change both odbase.xml and odrcvr.xml Or depents on my deployment . I mean only at source site where I am....
Please make sure that some message in the forum says we can only do in OS level. please confirm for me. I can not do much testing now.
Please provide sample file If you have.
How Do I maintain the rollover file size.
Thanks ravi
Adam Stoller
Please RTFM regarding the logRules element for both the server and deployment config files.
- the server config lets you specify where
- the server and deployment config files let you specify rollover-threshhold
I suggest you attempt to put something together based on your understanding of the manuals / what's already been explained here - and *then* if it doesn't work, show us what you have, what you're seeing, and what you want to be seeing - and we'll be in a better position to critique and advise you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com