Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
single DCR
Ottawa_IWOV
Hi All -
We are executing standalone deployments right now with iwdd.ipl
Typically we have a trigger script that executes the standalone deployment. Is there a way to simply pass the DCR that was created, and a path inside a WORKAREA? Right now, we are experiencing extreme performance issue because DD goes to that root DATA directory and passes over ALL DCRs instead of the one we just created ...
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Sure is. If you have someting like
<data-deploy-configuration>
<client>
<deployment name="foo">
<source>
<teamsite-templating-records options="wide" area="$ddArea">
<path name="$ddPath" ...
$ddArea is the path to the workarea
$ddPath is the path within the workarea to the DCR
It should then only deploy the specified DCR.
Cheers
Michael
iwovGraduate
Yes you can. You can have it process a list of files instead of the whole area.
What version of DD are you using ?
pbenn
Thanks ... DataDeploy version 5.6.0, Build 19499
pbenn
Sorry, my bad ... what is $ddPath? An argument to iwdd.ipl? If I understand what you are saying, I'll have to edit the dd config file on the fly in order to update the path or file list in the config.
I guess what I'm asking is there is no way of passing the path to the DCR as an argument to iwdd.ipl
Thanks,
P.
Michael
No worries, you can pass arguments into iwdd.ipl to do parameter substitution. For example (from the doco):
iwdd.ipl cfg=../conf/templating/extranet/pr.cfg deployment="dosql" mytable="prtable"
mytable="prtable" is a parameter substitution for all occurrences of $mytable in the configuration file.
So in the example $ddPath and $ddArea are just names I made up and they would be replaced by the parameters I passed on the command line.
I hope that this is clear?
Cheers
Michael
pbenn
Yes, thanks .. I didn't notice parameter substitution was a feature in the DD doco ... I see it now, D'OH!
Michael
Yeah it is kind of hidden away in that doco.
Keep in mind that when you upgrade to OD 6 that it changes slightly as they have done away with iwdd.ipl and you now use iwodcmd with -k key=value to perform parameter substitution.
You might want to structure your code in a way so that you will only need to change it one place.
Cheers
Michael