Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.5 Search: enabling incremental updates
System
TS 6.5 for windows. I moved index and search to a different windows server from TS 6.5. When I initiately installed the index and search components, I chose to not to enable incremental updates. Now I want to enable it. In my search.properties file, I have
java.naming.provider.url=tcp://my_ts65_host:3035/
iw.index.events.enable=true
And the index server is restarted fine. However, it does not respond to any TeamSite submit events automatically. If I run the iwndxrefreshbr -i CLT, it will put request into the incremental queue and re-index the newly submitted files.
Can anyone tell me what I'm missing here?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
smenon
Check the following properties..
# TeamSite JMS producer side details
java.naming.factory.initial=org.exolab.jms.jndi.mipc.IpcJndiInitialContextFactory
java.naming.provider.url=tcp://ts65host:3035/
TopicConnectionFactory=JmsTopicConnectionFactory
iw.index.topic.1=Interwoven
# Event-based updates are enabled
iw.index.events.enable=true
Also, try restarting the event subsystem and then restarting the index and search services.. Maybe you already tried all these things, but I wanted to check anyways..
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Yeah. I've tried all that, not working. Thanks for checking though.
Ottawa_IWOV
I am having this problem as well, it kinda stinks. We were thinking of running a DNR script to handle this, but that seems unecessary. Any other ideas on this?? BTW, we had incremental updates turn on from the initial installation ... weird if u ask me ...
Migrateduser
I have a case opened with IWOV support. So far they have not figured out what's going on yet. I will post the solutioin once I get one.
Ottawa_IWOV
Thanks for the update, keep me posted.
Migrateduser
Ottawa_IWOV,
I get incremental search to work again. There is no progress with my support case with IWOV. So I took the pain to re-installed TS 6.5. After that everything works fine.
I'm not sure why yours does not work, is your event subsystem working fine? In our case, we had it working initially. Then I moved search to a different box and disabled incremental search. After that the flat file db grew too big and caused the event subsystem to crash. Since the crash, I tried everything hoping that I can make the event subsystem working properly again but nothing helped.