Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using stylesheets in DCTs
System
Is there a way to specify in the DCT a link to a stylesheet or even a way to include CSS inside a CDATA block to change the way the template looks? I'm mainly interested in turning off the flat/black border for text/textarea items so that they look like normal, sunken, text boxes. DCTs have so many lines all over the place that it's sometimes a challenge to see, at a glance, what's editable and what's not. (by the way, I don't have access to templating.cfg - I'm just an Editor - thanks).
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
in TeamSite 6.1 the answer is yes, with some limitations. But in previous versions it was available only thru hacks of some sort
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
Don't suppose you - or anybody else - could point me in the right direction on how to achieve this? I've tried sifting through the documentation but that has lead to a string of dead-ends (or references to viewoptions in templating.cfg)
gzevin
the description is in the Forms Publisher Developer's Guide
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
example.zip
Migrateduser
Like I said: "I've tried sifting through the documentation but that has lead to a string of dead-ends (or references to viewoptions in templating.cfg)".
The documentation I'm looking at is the TeamSite FormsPublisher Developer's Guide Release 6.0. In particular I've looked all through the Setting Up Data Capture Templates chapter of this file, as well as various other sections, including the Feature Demonstrations -> Style Sheet Customisations section. Given the brevity of the latter, I get the impression that specifying a viewoptions cssurl in templating.cfg is the only way to do this. I don't know how much more I can scroll through this file and get absolutely nowhere...
Why bother posting a reply that equates to "RTFM"? No reply would do just fine in that instance, thanks.
gzevin
well, this is the only options one could get. and yes, I did say that they were some limitations on what you would like to achieve.
Have you tried adding stylesheets using the described technique?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
bcvbbbjnn
I hope this will help you....
Details regarding VisualFormat configuration files in Team Site 6.1
Sample css file
1) testcss.css
\iw-home\httpd\iw\ewebeditpro20\testcss.css
Config file
2) config.xml
\iw-home\httpd\iw\ewebeditpro20\config.xml
Config file
3) visualformatconfig.xml
\iw-home\httpd\iw\config\visualformatconfig.xml
Changes to be made:
1) Within config.xml
Put the below line at the appropriate place.
<style publishstyles="false" href="[eWebEditProPath]/testcss.css" equivClass="strict" wrapstylewithdiv="true" preservewordstyles="false" preservewordclasses="false"/>
</style>
2) Within visualformatconfig.xml
Put the below line at the appropriate place.
<style publishstyles="false" href="[eWebEditProPath]/testcss.css" equivClass="strict" wrapstylewithdiv="true" preservewordstyles="false" preservewordclasses="false">
</style>
Make sure that u delete all the " dangerous buttons" within the visualformatconfig file(initial)
3) Within datacapture.cfg
At the approptiate place put:
<textarea required="t" wrap="virtual" external-editor="visualformat" external-editor-config="visualformatconfig.xml" rows="20" cols="50">
</textarea>
At the appropriate place put:
<script language="JavaScript1.2">eWebEditPro.parameters.styleSheet = "/ewebeditpro20/testcss.css"; </script>
4) Within the presentation template
The below said is a sample of the tpl where it is refering to the testcss.css.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<iw_pt>
<![CDATA[<html>
<head><link href="/iw/ewebeditpro20/testcss.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"></head>
<body>]]>
<iw_value name="dcr.questionText"/>
<![CDATA[</body></html>]]>
</iw_pt>
Regards
Nirmal KrishnaIyer
Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies
nirmal.krishnaiyer@wipro.com
Migrateduser
Thanks for the reply, Nirmal, however I think you might have posted this by mistake to my thread? I was asking about applying styles to a DCT, not the VisualFormat editor (which I have been advised not to use, unfortunately). I appreciate your time, though :-)
Adam Stoller
Nice detailed post - but it was addressing a different issue than the one being asked ;-)
Does anyone have detailed instructions for changing the style-sheet used for rendering the DCT (Edit DCR - not the stylesheet within the VFE field) ?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Hi
In your templating.cfg, have the following definition for your data-type:
< data-type name="press-release" dcr-type="xml">
Load the form, and you should see the new css effects.
It is possible to put the css on the webserver running on port 81. However, adding the css file to one of the workareas on the teamsite server, will not likely be successful. Currently, you have to use the customer webserver to serve the css file.
The style names that can be overridden are not currently documented.This Knowledge Base Article has a css attached as an example.
Thanx
Rishi Gupta
Interwoven certified teamsite consultant
Satyam computer services limited, India
bcvbbbjnn
If u r using visual format that above said will work
Thank you
sara
Is it possible to define a patch for the cssurl in the viewoptions that is not host dependent?
e.g. at the moment we use:
<viewoptions cssurl="
http://sdas0003.be/iw/custom/bzws/style/bzws_tst_containers.css"
/>
and we would like to use sth like
<viewoptions cssurl="/iw/custom/bzws/style/bzws_tst_containers.css" />
Migrateduser
I notice this is an old thread - is it anyone that has found the solution for host-independent ccurls ?
Thanks
/ martin