Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Am I being realistic...
Bjorn
to want all the functionality that exists in TeamSite's "developer" command line tools within the CSSDK?
I <i>have</i> RTFM.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bowker
Can you give example(s) of items that are not availble?
I've written a pretty complete system using CSSDK and have not found anything I can't do within the CSSDK that I could do within a CLT.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Bjorn
Dan -
Obviously, there's a good chance that I'm simply ignorant; however, I guess one specific example would be generating pages from forms (DCRs). Also, I recognize it's a different app, but it would be nice to have an SDK for OpenDeploy (not web services). B ut now I'm getting greedy...
We'd really like to move every custom action/command we have to j2ee for the obvious reasons, but that's turning out to be tough duty.
Sarcastic sig: I have RTFM ... and I still don't know.
Bowker
Interesting - We don't use the templating aspect of TeamSite outside of TeamSite.
There are some templating classes in the SDK. I didn't read too much into them, but one looks like it returns a URL for doing something - regenerating? I don't know.
Remember, TeamSite Templating was just 'rolled' into TeamSite. It used to be a separate app. (I think)
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Migrateduser
Bjorn,
You are correct that the FormsPublisher (formerly known as templating) capabilities are not available in the CS SDK. Many of them are accessible through the UITK, but not at the CS/WebServices level.
If you have a requirement for an SDK of OD, be sure you file an enhancement request with support about the specific capabilities you are looking for.
regards,
lissa
Bowker
If you file an enhancement request for an SDK to OpenDeploy - could you add me to the list?
Thanks
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Bjorn
I wonder how much of a separate app FormsPub still is. Anyhoo - thanks to both Dan and Lissa for the info.
Sarcastic sig: I have RTFM ... and I still don't know.