Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Managing VisualFormat .css files in TeamSite
mike_jaixen
Our graphic designer is frequently making changes to the style sheets used on the site, and periodically she wants to update the style sheets that VisualFormat uses so that they reflect what will be on the resulting web page. So I thought, hey, why not put the style sheets into TeamSite, and point VisualFormat to TeamSite by creating a symbolic link from /iw/ewebeditpro20/my_custom.css to /.iwmnt/default/main/adminbranch/STAGING/css/visualformat/my_custom.css . Sure sounded like a clever idea at the time.
But, once I replaced the files in /software/interwoven/teamsite/httpd/iw/ewebeditpro20 with a symbolic link, the calls for the stylesheet started coming up 403 Forbidden. I don't know if the problem was that STAGING is set to read only or what. Anyway, I ended up putting the css files back in ewebedit20. Any thoughts as to what I did wrong, or suggestions on what to do instead?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
There are a number of files that apparently won't work with symlinks (I don't remember which ones do and which ones don't) and my guess is that it may be a setting in the iw-webd httpd.conf or rewrite.conf (probably the former) - but I don't know what such a setting would be, nor whether it would constitute a security risk.
You could create a special workflow for the configuration files (a TS Admin branch) and use OD (or File::Copy) to transfer the files to the local disk in the correct place after it's been submitted to staging.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com