Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Modifying the CSClient object
Bowker
CSSDK 2.5
TS 6.5
Win2k3
After creating a new CSClient object I would like to change the "application" field. There is a CSClient.getApplication() but there is no way to change it.
I store the CSClient in a session variable on the server so I don't need to recreate it every time I need to do something - but since the current application changes (creatNewFile, editOldFile, submitFile...) I would like to change the application currently running for logging purposes.
Any way to do that?
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Johnny
Dan, can you point to where getApplication is in the Java DOC?
I haven't been able to find it in CSClient
John Cuiuli
Bowker
Whoops...
CSClient.getContext().getAppContext();
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Johnny
ahh there we go.
I've never seen it in use or understand what it's about..
Looking at the constructor for cscontext - seems to suggest the whole interface may be for internal use only.
Can you describe what you understand it does.. and then describe what you are trying to do, or use it for?..
Maybe (slighty maybe) we can think of some other way.
John Cuiuli
Bowker
I have a work-a-round - pretty simple actually, I store the current application in a session variable along with the CSClient object. When I start a new servlet, I just change the session variable. Basically I create my own "appContext" and ignore the one built into CSSDK.
(My post was more of - hey, is this missing? Maybe you [interwoven] should consider adding it in the next release. That way I get my 'suggestion in' without actually putting in an enhancement request.)
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
Johnny
what is the application / appcontext used for?
sorry if it's a basic question
John Cuiuli
wholeScreenURL.JPG
wrappedURL.JPG
Bowker
according to some piece of doc I read - it is not currently used for anything.
Dan Bowker
Northern Trust
Web Publishing Technology
reddyl
I am not sure but CSClient.getContext().getAppContext(); this will give the TeamSite Tomcat web application context which is "iw-cc".