Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
What does "begin out of phase.." mean??
Rey
I recently ran a deployment and got the following error message in my OD Log files for both the Receiver & Sender:
(2) id=0 server: Connection accepted!
(2) id=0 server: Buffer Size (8000)
ERROR: begin out of phase..
ERROR: Failed to begin transaction.
Does anyone know what this error means? How about to fix it?
Just so you know, I first ran a deployment and it failed because in the odrcvr.xml file I did not have my host included in it. I then edited the file to include the host receiver, then I had our admin restart the OD service on the receiver. I then re ran the deployment, and got the error above.
Any help would be appreciated.
Using TeamSite 5.52
Using OpenDeploy 5.5.1
id=0 server: Interwoven OpenDeploy(5.5.1 Build 11146 Interwoven 20020829)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rey
Anyone -
I found out some new information concerning my error. I have 2 Base Servers & one receiver server.
On Base server A, I have the following information from the Source OD Log file:
client: Interwoven OpenDeploy(5.6.0.0.0 Build 15978 Interwoven 20030121)
client: LIB: Component Version (5.6.0.0.0 Build 18354 Interwoven 20030404)
On Base server B, I have the following information from the Source OD Log file:
client: Interwoven OpenDeploy(5.6.0.0.0 Build 15978 Interwoven 20030121)
client: LIB: Component Version (5.6.0.1.0 Build 23059 Interwoven 20030801)
On the Receiver server, I have the following information from the Receiver OD Log file:
id=0 server: Interwoven OpenDeploy(5.5.1 Build 11146 Interwoven 20020829)
When I run a deployment from Base Server A to the Receiver, the deployment goes through fine. If I try to a run a deployment from the Base Server B to the same Receiver, the deployment fails and is giving me the error message that I originally posted. Could this make any difference to why I am getting the error that I posted?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
fiquebem
Did you find what it was?
We upgraded to OD 6 (plus a patch) and are now having trouble deploying to a Version 5.6.0.1.0 Build 28338 Interwoven 20031124 Receiver. We are having no trouble with V5.5.1 Receiver/Base servers.
From a V5.6 log:
LIB: 2004-08-25 20:29:05 ERROR: begin out of phase..
LIB: 2004-08-25 20:29:05 ERROR: Failed to begin transaction.
Even turning off transactional deployment didn't help.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
S.
Rey
Sorry for the wait on the response, but to tell you the truth, I am not sure of what exactly fixed the issue. Where I work, there is another group that actually administers the TS Servers. When I told them of this issue, we were able to figure out that recently they applied a service pack for both TS and for Windows Server. Then what they did next was they backed out the installs I just mentioned, and then from that I am not sure if they re-installed them again or left those installs out completely?
Again, like I said we are sort of kept out of the loop sometimes when it comes to changes like this issue. I hope this helps you a little, and based on what you indicated in your response it appears that your service pack and upgrade could potentially be the problem. You may want to start there and possibly remove one of the recent patches. Hope this helped, since I never got a response.
Rey
Rey
jmd
Hi,
I am facing the same issue with the same config (OD6 as base server and 0D5.6 SP1as receiver)
have you fixed it ?
Dwayne
I'm seeing this same issue. I've further tracked it down to only show itself when I use a filelist-based deployment. Directory comparison based deployments seem to go through with no trouble.
I've opened a case with support, but, in the meantime, if anyone has any ideas, I would be greatly appreciative.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Dwayne
A followup, for those interested.
According to support, this is a known issue. There's a compatibility problem when deploying from OD 6 to OD 5.6 SP 1 using a filelist-based deployment. Apparently, a fresh OD 5.6 install doesn't have this problem - just OD 5.6 SP 1. A patch is scheduled to come out "any day now."
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Mongoose
I am also getting this problem from OD6.0.1 base to 5.6.0.1 reciever for file list deploys.
Anyone have any further news on this problem - i.e. either a resolution or patch date?
Anyone from IW want to comment?
Andy
Dwayne
Todd provided some answers in
this post
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K