Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
FileSite new profile event?
guido1
Is there a way I can trap an event which is triggered when an Outlook MailItem object is dragged/copied to a FileSite folder object?
I'd want to trap any instance of a new profile being created within FileSite from an outlook email, and then have the opportunity to cancel the process according to business rules.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
If you're referring to drag-n-drop import, then you may hijack the drag-n-drop functionality by placing your custom command's progid in this registry key:
// FileSite 8.0
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREInterwovenWorkSite8.0MailSite]
"CustomizedImportCmd"="MyProgid"
// FileSite 4.x
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARENetRightiOutlook ]
"CustomizedImportCmd"="MyProgid"
This, however, does not apply to dragging and dropping an existing WorkSite document from one WorkSite folder to another.
guido1
Great - thanks for this.
Do you know what the context items are when my custom command initialises? Will one of them be a pointer to the source email?
Also, is there any way I can launch from within my customised import the native, out-of-the-box import routine for drag'n'drop? I'm wondering if there is an object which will give me the email/email+attachments import routine and interface, or whether there's a simpler way to kick-start the normal import stuff.
I am trying to perform a test on the source email before it is dragged to a Worksite folder; if it meets the conditions of that test then I need to continue with the regular import routine.
Hope that makes sense..
guf
Hi Guido,
Here is a non exhaustive list of usefull hitem you should find in your context when it initialize:
* DestinationObject
* IMANDMS
* NRTDMS
* NRTSessions
I am not sure to understand the second of the question.
hope this helps
guf
guido1
When an email in Outlook is dragged to a Worksite folder (or copied/moved using the the toolbar buttons), if it contains attachments there is a native dialog prompting the user whether or not to save the attachments separately.
I want to know if I can initialise this dialog myself.
It's a slightly moot point anyway, as from my observations the CustomizedImportCmd registry key is ignored when an email has an attachment
If anyone's got any better suggestions..
cheers,
Guido
jny
CustomizedImportCmd reg setting will not apply to a drag-n-drop import of an e-mail that has attachments. The source detects the attachment then calls SaveEmailCmd. From there, the import is done internally so the source is not aware of the presence of CustomizedImportCmd in the registry.
There is also no way of interfacing with SaveEmailCmd in the context of hijacking drag-n-drop; there is no scripting to use to catch its events.