Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
XHTML and JSP
Bjorn
TS 6.5 - Win2k3 server
Two issues. When I have the content att of a meta tag (content="text/xhtml; charset=utf-8") set to XHTML in an outputted page, the page displays, but at the bottom I get the IW message:
"File DS_BPC_BasePayChanOffCycl.htm of type text/xhtml cannot be displayed in the browser window. You can download the file to your local system, or you can perform any of the standard VisualPreview actions using the toolbar. "
I'm guessing it's a setup issue, but don't know how to fix it.
Secondly, (and I know this is going to raise some "whys?") I want to configure the (proxy) server to be able to display JSPs, but render them just like HTML files. Our authors want to be able to preview outputted JSPs, but they don't need their tags or scriplets to be processed. It's just a look and feel thing. Any ideas? Right now if I set the file extension to .jsp for a presentation template, I get the magical page not found error when I preview or generate. Dudn't happen with an ext or .htm.
Sarcastic sig: I have RTFM ... and I still don't know.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Slabrador
Hi,
For you first issue - the problem is that there is no such mime type as 'text/xhtml'. The correct mime type for XHTML is 'application/xhtml+xml'. However, IE doesn't understand application/xhtml+xml, so you'll have to serve XHTML docs as text/html. At least until IE7 arrives! LOL...
As for the second issue, 'why?' seems like a reasonable question, but I think you can configure a server to serve jsp files as it would html, just as long as you've set the correct mime type in the document, the browser should attempt to render it and will probably ignore all the jsp tags that it doesn't understand - although you will have to comment out any Java code al la javascript. Then there's the question of what happens to your real jsps that you do want the server to process - sounds like a confg nightmare to me. Why not generate two files in your tpl and use a .html ext for the 'L&F Preview' and then ignore the .html files in your deployment?
HTH
- Dan Smith
- University of Southampton, UK
Bjorn
Dan -
Great advice. We'll see how it pans out. Thanks so much.
Sarcastic sig: I have RTFM ... and I still don't know.