Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Are the Interwoven defined log4j variables safe?
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 SP1
Windows 2003
Solaris 2.8
I am creating a custom log4j configuration file for the custom extensions we have written to the Content Center UI. Inside of some of the other interwoven provided log4j files I see reference to the variable log100.iwlogs.
<param name="File" value="${log100.iwlogs}/iwui/ccstd.log"/>
Is it safe for me to reference this same variable for my application customizations, or will this variable be changing in future releases? I assume this variable is properly defined based on platform so it should be portable between unix and windows.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cliff1
We are going to rework our log4j logging code in TeamSite 6.7. It's too early to tell if this variable will survive the changes, but my hunch is that it will not. This variable is intack up through TeamSite 6.5 SP1, but I cannot make any promises after that release.
-Cliff
Engineering Manager - TeamSite Client
Bill Klish
Where is that variable defined. I could just copy it and place that definition into my customer specific config file. I did a quick check, but I don't see it defined in any of the log4j*.xml files inside of httpd/webapps/content_center.
Can you tell me where to find it, or can you just paste its definition in for me?
Thanks,
-Bill
table.JPG