Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deleted Files
Maninder_IBM
I have a question.
I am writing a housekeeping script which will delete old content from TeamSite. I want to delete these from our workarea (I know how to do this) and then submit the deletions so they are removed throughout our staging and destination server.
Anyone know how I can submit the deletions? I have looked at iwlistmod and this does list deleted files but not on their own. Iwlistmod includes everything that has been deleted. Any ideas anyone?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you use iwlistmod you can filter on those entries that begin with 'x' and then store the area-relative vpaths along with intersperesed lines of comments into a temporary file, e.g.:
/templateadata/category/datatype/data/foo
house cleaning - removal
/somedir/bar.html
house cleaning - removal
...
/file_at_top_of_workarea.jsp
house cleaning - removal
You can then use something like
iwsubmit -w -u -r -f
/path/to/temp/file
to submit all the deleted files to staging.
You could create a second file, or derive it from the first, that just contains the area-relative paths without the comments - e.g.:
/templatedata/category/datatype/data/foo
/somedir/bar.html
...
/file_at_top_of_workarea.jsp
and use that with a filelist deployment that has doDeletes enabled to delete the files that no longer exist in the source area from the target area.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Maninder_IBM
Dude what can I say.. your fast.. let me investigate. Cheers!
Maninder_IBM
Ok I try to run the iwsubmit as suggested on the deleted file but i get the message "Error locating <filename>"
ERROR:02006
any ideas?
herald10
Post the entire command you are using. Probably the path is not ok. What do you get when you do an 'ls -l' on that file you are submitting?
Maninder_IBM
Command with message.
C:\iw-home\bin>iwsubmit -w -u -r Y:\default\main\B2E\WORKAREA\Public_Content\Con
tentAreas\development\Documents\DeploymentTest1.asp 'comment'
ERROR:02006: Error locating Y:\default\main\B2E\WORKAREA\Public_Content\ContentA
reas\development\Documents\DeploymentTest1.asp
whats an ls -l?
Edited by Maninder_IBM on 10/26/04 07:37 AM (server time).
james1
iwsubmit wants a
vpath
as a command-line argument, not a
file system path
. Remove "Y:" from your path, and retry your command.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
Adam Stoller
ls -l is the unix way of saying dir (give or take)
Try running the command without the Y: - iwsubmit is expecting a vpath not a filesystem path
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Maninder_IBM
Thanks guys... had this problem again/... 2 years later... now solved!