Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
JSP's in Custom Menu items (6.5)
parsan99
Hello
In Teamsite 6.5, I am trying to call a custom JSP with java code from a Custom Menu item link. When specifying this in ui_custom.xml as follows,it works only if the jsp is pure HTML and has no java code. (which is ofcourse behaving as specified in th UI Customization guide)
<link id="cu.custom.copy"
label="Copy File or Article"
description="Custom - Copy File or Article"
url="/ccstd/customer/custom_copy.jsp"
target="_blank">
</link>
So I tried the other method of specifying the JSP in web.xml and then calling it like a servlet thru the link. I keep getting a 500 error with this approach
In web.xml
<servlet>
<servlet-name>CustomCopy</servlet-name>
<jsp-file>/ccstd/customer/custom_copy.jsp</jsp-file>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>CustomCopy</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>custom_copy</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
In ui_custom.xml ,
<link id="cu.custom.copy"
label="Copy File or Article"
description="Custom - Copy File or Article"
url="/custom_copy"
target="_blank">
</link>
Am I missing something here.?. Perhaps the location of jsp and the way its specified? My jsp file is in
/export/local/teamsite/iw-home/httpd/webapps/content_center/ccstd/customer and the web.xml is in
/export/local/teamsite/iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/etc/web.xml
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet