Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Open Deploy failure
mk2004
Hi,
I am getting this error when I invoking the opendeploy script in one of the external tasks. Also this error is occuring in the case when the existing content is edited and not creation of new content.
RUN: /interwoven/iw-home/custom/bin/iwodstart.ipl TeamPortal_WF_Deploy -inst 125801 -async -k "STAGINGCONTENT=/iwmnt/default/mai
n/dev/portal/STAGING" -k "CONTENTLIST=/tmp/125818_od.txt"
ERROR: OpenDeploy Failed 256 at /interwoven/iw-home/custom/bin/iwodstart.ipl line 123.
/interwoven/iw-home/opendeploy/OpenDeployNG/jre/bin/java[17]: /tmp/sh11065.1: cannot create
STATUS: 256
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Does that file in /tmp file exist and does the user performing the deploy have permission to overwrite it?
mk2004
Yes the user has permissions to edit the files under /tmp folder. Also this works fine when new file is created.
Migrateduser
I meant that specific file, sh11065.1. If one user calls opendeploy and it creates this file and another user calls opendeploy they may not have permission to overwrite the same file.
mk2004
We are running this external script under the same user as the one who has permissions to edit this file
Migrateduser
Feeling useless today...I guess I would copy /interwoven/iw-home/custom/bin/iwodstart.ipl and add some debugs around the line number throwing the error.
iwovGraduate
I think you need to provide some more information around the scripts that you are using as (I believe) this is not OOTB configuration.
Start by
TS/OD version. SP/Patch Level
OS - Solaris I assume
What are the permissions on /tmp directory ?
Does /tmp/sh11065.1 exist ?
Does /tmp/125818_od.txt ?
What error messages you see in OD logs ? Post your log file.
Post your iwodstart.ipl file - might help.
Does your externaltask hang or transitions on ? (I assume not, since -async)
Can you run
/interwoven/iw-home/custom/bin/iwodstart.ipl TeamPortal_WF_Deploy -inst 125801 -async -k "STAGINGCONTENT=/iwmnt/default/main/dev/portal/STAGING" -k "CONTENTLIST=/tmp/125818_od.txt"
from command line ?
nipper
iwodstart.ipl is an old script, what rev of OD are you using ?
we use iwodstart which is a shell script not a perl script.
Andy
Adam Stoller
FWIW: iwodstart.ipl was created primarily for Windows with the 5.5.1 release (I know - I wrote it) because it was found that the iwodstart.bat script tended not to exit with the correct status values - especially on WindowsNT. It was later modified to work on both Windows and Unix but it really wasn't necessary on Unix.
If you're using OD 5.6 SP1 or higher - you'll be better off switching to use 'iwodcmd start' rather than 'iwodstart' as iwodcmd does not instantiate a new JVM for each invokation.
That being said ... the error message is coming from the 'java' shell script *not* iwodstart, it looks like it is probably trying to create a file called /tmp/sh$$ (where '$$' gets turned into the PID of the current process). The copy of iwodstart.ipl I have only has 123 lines - so the fact that the error message indicates line 123 isn't necessarilly that meaningful...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com